Adventure IXV: The Last Adventure

i am sorry guys but, like the title says, this is the LAST adventure. after this, there are two Epilouges and maybe some other info but then its OVER! and i dont know what ill do with myself...

the photo is another of Legolas :)

E N J O Y !

Arrowen's mind was clouded. She could hear faint voices of people talking around her, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. She wanted them to be quiet. She wanted to go to sleep.

At last, the voices left, but there was something else distracting Arrowen now. A presence nearby that radiated life. The essence of life was very tempting to the girl's spirit, which was not yet ready to leave Middle Earth. As if it were listening to her, the life force moved closer to Arrowen's lifeless body.

Arrowen yearned to reach out and touch it--to suck some of that abundant energy into her own body--but her libs felt too heavy to lift. Thankfully, she didn't have to do anything. The life force reached out on its own and touched her.

Arrowen's body welcomed the gift and greedily absorbed the life offered to her. With this new energy in her, Arrowen took her first breath. She wiggled her fingures; she smelled the air; then, she opened her eyes.

Legolas was the first thing Arrowen saw in the dimly lit room, as he was leaning over her. His blonde hair fell down over his shoulder like a curtain. As soon as he saw her eyes open, Legolas breathed a sigh of relief and sat back. He had been successful in restoring life to Arrowen.

Arrowen, on the other hand, was confused and swiftly becoming panicked. She knew that something had given life to her and she was beginning to realize that it was Legolas.

"What did you do?" Arrowen asked him in a panicked whisper.

Legolas's face flickered to confusion for a moment before he understood. "I gave up my immortality for you. I couldn't bear to lose you, Arrowen, because I love you."

At these words, Arrowen went through a sequence of emotions. First joy, at hearing him confess that he loved her. Then fear, when the reality hit that he had given up his immortality for her. Then pure terror, because he had given up his immortality, because he loved her. And then Arrowen began to scream.

Her scream awoke the whole healing house, in which the rest of the Fellowship was staying, and people came running to see what was wrong. Argorn was the first to come rushing in. What he saw was his sister--alive and well--screaming at the top of her lungs, and Legolas, trying and failing to calm her down.

At last, Gandalf walked into the room and roared, "SILENCE!" and Arrowen fell silent.

Legolas sat quietly beside her, looking guiltily at his hands. The Fellowship had heard Gandalf's words on the only way to save Arrowen and, seeing her awake and healthy, they all knew exactly what Legolas had done.

Argorn was ecstatic that his sister was alive, but he did not like what it meant. He knew that Legolas had always been fond of Arrowen, but he had never seen past it as his father did. Now, Argorn was seeing the full extent of Arrowen and Legolas's relationship, and what he saw did not please him. Argorn had never experienced a love like Aragorn and Arwen's; he had never loved recklessly. Argorn knew nothing of it and, because of this, he was not open to the idea of Legolas being with his sister.

Then, Argorn saw his sister's face. She was now sitting up in bed, looking at Legolas with an expression of wonder in her eyes. Arrowen, now having gotten over the initial shock of Legolas's choice, was beginning to feel the joy of knowing he loved her.

"Why?" Gimli asked, breaking the silence that had fallen.

Legolas looked at Arrowen and replied, "Because I love her."