Chapter 9: The Heartbreak

Adalynn’s POV

            Ugh, I feel like shit, I thought.

            Beep. Beep.

            What the fuck is that annoying beeping sound?

            I tried to roll over onto my side, but a scorching pain deep within my body prevented me from doing so. I let out a soft whimper as I tried to move again.

            “Ady?” a small, soft voice says from somewhere at my side.

            Beep, beep. Beep.

            Ugh! There’s that annoying sound again and it seems to have gotten faster, I groaned. I’m going to destroy who or what is making that noise.

            “Will, I think Adalynn is waking up,” said that small, very familiar, soft voice again.

            I felt the bed jostle a little and something squeezing my hand.

            I tried to squeeze back, but I could only move my fingers a little.

            “Baby girl?”

            Hey I know that voice! I could recognize it anywhere. It’s Will!!! I screamed in my head.

            “Will,” I half moaned and half groaned.

            God, people would think we were having sex or something, I thought.

            “Yes, baby, it’s me. Can you open your beautiful, hazel eyes for me please?” he pleaded.

            I try to open my eyelids but I was unsuccessful, they felt so heavy. I fought the heaviness with all that I had in me and my eyelids started to flutter open. When I managed to keep them open, I was blinded by the light, in the room, bouncing off the perfect, white walls. The smell of cleaning supplies, such as bleach, clung to the stuffy air. The strong scent of bleach burnt the inside of my nostrils as I inhaled the sterile air.

            “There they are,” said Will from beside me.

            I felt tingles running throughout my body as he squeezed my left hand again. I felt pressure come from my right hand and realized that someone was holding it too. I looked over to the right side of me and saw the person that belonged to the small, familiar voice.

            Sage.

            She smiled a small smile at me, “I’m happy to see that you are awake, sissy.” Silent tears were running down her cheeks.

            “Me too, sissy,” I whispered back. I turned my attention back to Will. “What happened?”

            “Are you thirsty?” he asked, his tone full of concern.

            I nodded my head unable to get the dryness out of my throat.

            Will reached over me and pressed the red, call button on the side of the bed. I decided to take this time to study my mate. He looked exhausted; dark bags under his eyes, tussled hair like he kept running he hands through it, and the red, puffy eyes are a dead giveaway. In any other situation I would have thought he was cute, looking like that, but since this is all because of me I won’t think of it that way.