Chapter 8: (continued)

Linken’s POV

            I just walked into the hallway when I heard Annette and Derek talking, so I walked into the kitchen and listened to their conversation.

            After hearing what their conversation was about I started toward the back door processing the information.

            I can’t believe it! I just can’t! You would think that after all these years you would know someone, well I guess I was wrong.

            But, who could their boss be? Who has more gifts and whose gifts are out of control? The only ones I can think of that have more gifts than me and my brothers would be Connor, Adalynn, Hayden, and Sage.

            Oh crap! I need to talk to everyone, I’m going to have to wait until it’s the right time or at least until I get more evidence.

            This is just unbelievable that these two people act so retched. Were they the ones who poisoned Adalynn? No, I don’t think so. I believe that they can be cruel, but I believe that would be pushing it too far.

            I need to go for a run.

            I walked out of the house and towards the woods. Once I was out of sight from the house I took off my clothes and hid them in the hollow opening of the closest tree. I shifted into my chocolate brown wolf ad began running deeper into the woods.

            I know these woods like the back of my hand, so in reality I let my wolf take me where ever it wanted to go. Trees became a blur, as my paws barely touch the ground. I was leaping through the air over fallen trees as if I had memorized they were there.

            Thoughts of Annette and Derek’s conversation were going through my mind as I ran, carelessly through the woods. I can’t believe I thought of them as my parents. There is no way they deserve the title if they poisoned Adalynn, I thought. I was getting closer to our territory line when this sweet smell of vanilla and roses filled my nose and making me come to a stop. I inhaled deeply trying to recognize and memorize this sweet captivating smell. The smell was coming from in front of me, so I started moving closer towards the source.

            I walked out from behind the trees and into a clearing close to the territory line. I looked around the clearing and my eyes grew wide. Just on the other side of our territory there was a gorgeous girl lying down on the ground. She looks to be sunbathing. I snuck back behind the trees before she could sense that I was there. I found the hollowed out tree that we hide some extra clothing in. I shifted back and grabbed the blue jean shorts that went to my knees and put them on. I decided not to grab a shirt since it was a nice day out and plus I wouldn’t mind having her check me out. I’m not anywhere as cocky as my other brothers, so it would be nice to have her look at me.

            I walked back out of the trees and headed towards the territory line. She was still laying there with white framed sunglasses hiding her eyes from the rays of the sun. She was wearing white booty shorts and a pink, spaghetti strap, tank top. She had neon pink headphones in her ears and her long, black hair was pulled up, high, into a loose, messy bun. Her skin complexion was more of a caramel color, which looked natural.

            I walked over the territory line to sit down next to her. I wouldn’t get into trouble being in someone else’s territory because Derek was an ally with the Camden Pack. Once I got close enough to her I sat down. I leaned forward, just enough to tap her arm, and this tingling sensation spread throughout my entire body when my finger made contact with her skin.