Chapter 3: The Connection

Adalynn’s POV

            “I didn’t think I would ever see the day where a female would be so excited about having their own balcony,” William said with the smile from his lips spreading to his eyes.

            His eyes. When I looked into his gorgeous, deep blue eyes I felt my knees go weak. I gently leaned back against the railing, so William wouldn’t see that he had any effect on me. My wolf was going nuts! She kept jumping up and down and screaming, she was not making any sense.

            I managed to look away from his gaze and I turned back around to look out at the yard. “Well, there are some things that are taken for granted and others that are taken for beauty and pleasure.” I can’t believe I just said that, I thought to myself. I felt my cheeks heating up and turning red, I hid my face, so that way William wouldn’t be able to see.

            I could feel it in my bones that he was staring at me and now standing beside me. “You do know that you just sounded like a fortune cookie?” I could tell that he was smiling, even though I wasn’t looking at him.

            “Yeah, that tends to happen from time to time.”

            We were silent for a few minutes until I turned on my heel and walked back into my room, making sure that I didn’t touch William as I turned away from him. I don’t know how I knew this but William was following behind me. It was weird that I could feel him looking at me.

            “My mom thought you would like this room the most. It’s the only one with a private balcony.” He looked down at his feet, shifting his weight from one foot to the other; he finally managed to look back up at me. “You also have a walk-in closet,” pointing to a set of double doors on the left side of the room. “And next to that is your own bathroom.”

            My face lit up when he said I had my own bathroom, “Really?” I didn’t wait for his response. I jogged past William and opened the bathroom door. It had a shower, bath tub, sink, toilet, and a linen closet, the basics. “I’ve always had to share a bathroom with my brothers and Sage.”

            William giggled, “I promise, you won’t have to share with anyone.”

            I turned around to look at him. He was leaning on the door jamb of the bathroom. I just stood there looking at him, not trying to hide it. There were only a few words to describe him at this moment, hot, sexy, and drop dead gorgeous! His strong and muscular arms were crossed over his chest, his right leg was crossed over his left, and his blue eyes were showing that he was amused.

            “So William, are you actually looking forward to us living here?”

            A smirk appeared on his face, “Will, call me Will. Only my parents and teachers call me William. To answer your earlier question, yes, I am looking forward to having two more girls in the house.”

            I slowly crossed my arms and looked at him with my “death” glare, at least that’s what Connor and Hayden call it. “I am not a girl,” I said through gritted teeth. “Sage maybe a girl, but I am a young woman, thank you very much,” I stomped towards the door only to remember that he was blocking it, “Move.” My tone wasn’t very nice and I wasn’t going to let him get away with it. I know I’m acting like a little kid but this is just who I am.

            He laughed and he moved out of the way, slightly. I started to walk past him, but I tripped over Will’s foot. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, but it never came. I opened my eyes one eye at a time. When I opened my eyes all the way I finally realized that someone had caught me. Will had a hold of my arms that somehow ended up at my sides, he helped me stand up straight and he turned me to face him. Once our eyes met, I gasped.

            MATE, my wolf screamed at me.

            How can this be we’re cousins. That’s just gross and sick on many different levels. Do the fates seriously have some kind of sick and twisted mind? This isn’t funny.

            When my thoughts finally subsided I could feel the tingles and electricity shocks running throughout my body. This only happens when you find your mate. At least that’s what my mom told me.

            After about what felt like years, but was really a few minutes, Will let go of me and walked quickly out of my room.