Chapter 2: Meeting 'supposed' family

Sage’s POV

            Ady helped me pack up my room. I still don’t see why we have to move. I maybe nine have to do what I’m told, but this just sucks!

            “I don’t wanna move!” I said to Ady, crossing my arms over my chest and dropping the clothes, I had in my hands. Sometimes I may act younger than I really am, but I looked at Ady with my best puppy dog eyes and she just motioned me over to my bed to help her with the sheets. We took the sheets off the bed and put them into a plastic bag, well after we washed them.

            After Ady placed the plastic bag in the closet she walked back over to me and sat down on the bad with me on her lap. I could tell in her eyes that she was also upset but she kept a cool head. She always did that when she was around me. She never raised her voice or had shown anger towards or around me.

            “I know, but we have to go. Mom and dad did this for us; they thought this was the best for us.” Ady gave me a tight squeeze for reassurance. “You know, that if you ever want to come back and visit this place, we can.”

            I smiled up at her and nodded, “Ok. Let’s get this crap together so we can go put your stuff away next.” Ady looked at me like I had just grown up in front of her eyes.

            Ady had always taught me to act older and to show everyone who was older than me, that I didn’t care who they were and that I wasn’t going to listen to them. She made sure that my attitude wasn’t as bad as hers but it was bad enough to say that I wasn’t weak.

            After my room, we went and packed up Ady’s room. MAN does she have a lot of clothes, but she still has more purses than I have ever seen in my life! I mean I live with her, but I have NEVER seen any of these or even knew she had any purses. Ady and I stayed the night in her room. Dinner was quiet, we ordered pizza. Before we went to bed Derek and Annette had us take all of our boxes down to the main entryway.

Hayden’s POV

            Today was moving day. None of this made any sense! Not all Alpha’s can mask their scent, but now that I think about it, how can Derek and Connor? Dad never mentioned this to any of us. There is something that I don’t like about Derek and his wife. Maybe it’s because I don’t know them or because they’re trying too hard for us to like them. I don’t know. I can’t put my finger on it, but this whole situation just feels wrong. I pushed the thought away that is until I can get more information. In a few hours we were leaving this house and town and heading to a new one.

            ‘This is my home, damnit! I don’t wanna leave.’

            Calm down, dude! My wolf said back to me. Go for a run or just ignore the fact that you’re leaving. You will be coming back; it’s not that far away.

            Um, thanks for the ‘pep’ talk. I replied back.

            ‘Calm down Hayden. We aren’t moving that far away, we can always come back and visit.’ Connor said through the mind link.

            ‘Sorry guys, I didn’t know I said it through the mind link. Plus, my wolf just told me the same thing.’

            ‘That’s ok. Don’t let it become a habit.’ Ady giggled through the mind link.

            My wolf and Connor were actually right for once.

Adalynn’s POV

            We were twenty miles away and we had to stop at a rest stop for Sage. Derek was driving his car, with Annette in the passenger seat and some of our boxes in the backseat. Connor was driving my truck. I wasn’t driving because Sage wanted me to sit with her in the backseat and Hayden sat in the passenger seat. We packed the rest of our belongings in the back of the truck. None of us were taking this move easily. I know we won’t be gone for forever but the point of us leaving until Connor turns nineteen and whatever else he has to do in order for us to be able to go with him. But we are holding in there for Sage and not showing her that it’s tearing us a part inside.

*****

            We finally reached the long, dirt driveway that led to their pack house. Trees covered both sides of the drive, making it look like we were going through a tunnel. It was gorgeous! The lighting is perfect to take a picture, I thought to myself. I would have to come back and take some pictures for my portfolio. Sage gasped when she looked out the window.

            “Look over there! There are wolves in their animal forms!” Sage squeaked while pointing, with her index finger, at some figures that were lying down at the base of the trees. They were wolves. They looked to be on guard or waiting for someone. It was weird and different to see wolves in their animal form when it was daylight out. We were never around other wolves; it was always just mom, dad, Connor, Hayden and I when we went for runs. Whenever we went for runs we had a neighbor look after Sage, she couldn’t run with us because she hasn't had her first shift yet.

            “What’s the name of Derek’s pack?” I asked anyone who could give me the answer.

            “Clear Moon,” said a soft voice, beside me.

            I sat there shocked, looking at Sage. “How and the hell did you know that?”

            Sage turned around and looked at me, as if I had just realized she was there. “I’m nine years old, Adalynn, I’m not stupid. I do listen when people are talking.” She looked a little shy now, “Even if I do listen from another room.” She said with a smirk playing at her lips.

            By the time Sage quit talking, we pulled up to the pack house. All three of us were still staring at Sage.

            “Remind me to never to say anything important when I know she is in the house,” Hayden said breaking the silence after a few minutes.

**********************************************************************

Sorry, I haven't updated in like a week. This is my first solo book, so yeah, just let me know what you think, so comment and vote.