XIV

XIV: Just killed a woman, feelin good

~*~

My feet carried me swiftly toward the forest, but i lost sight of Katniss. I wasnt too bothered, we'd probably meet again soon. I didnt stop running, nor did i look back. i wouldnt dare so i trusted my ears to spot people around me and my eyes to lead me to a bit more of a safe area.

"Just killed a woman, feeling good." i muttered, the complete opposite of what i actually felt as i sprinted across the uneven floor, "And a man."

I ran around a large tree, deciding to change my path and crashed harshly into another tribute with a huff. I rolled on top of the tribute to take power and smirked a little when I noticed who it was.

"Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire." I grinned, Katniss looked frightened but determined. Determined to live. I dont think ive ever seen a district twelve tribute so determined before, it was like she had a reason so good that she just couldnt die.

She bit her lip and began to think of a plan around death as I ran the cold dagger around her face. But, there wasnt a way and i had her trapped.

I didn't feel any hatred at all toward the girl, in actual fact I felt as though she deserved to live. She had a younger sister, Primrose, and at their reaping i felt as though she deserved a chance. Her sister needed her.

So, I climbed off of her and begun counting down from five.

"If you don't get out of my sight by the time I get to zero, I will kill you." I spoke with little to no emotion, crossing my arms with my feet apart and turning away as though i didnt care. Crossing my arms seemed to be a habit I had picked up from the time i spent with Clove.

"That's a promise, not a threat." I added, beginning my countdown.

"Five." Katniss began to clamber onto her feet.

"Four." Some may think that this was stupid and I was making a mistake, but I was prepared with my dagger ready at any moment. Id kill her with no thought about her sister.

"Three." Plus, what was she going to kill me with? Her backpack? I chewed on the inside of my cheek in amusement.

"Two." Katniss hesitated for a moment.

"Uhm, Thank you." She spoke and I smirked, sending her a wink.

"One." Katniss sped, sprinting off into the forest. I could practically hear the Capitols awe's at the fact I hadn't killed her then and there. I could also hear the gamemakers sighs of disapproval.

I huffed and rubbed my temples, trying to figure out if that was the right idea or not.

"Don't worry Capitol, you'll get a more entertaining kill." I smirked and winked at the moving piece of tree, the only reasonable explanation for it roaring robotically and turning around was it being a camera.