III

III: Mission Accomplished

edited

I find myself lay sprawled across another couch in another train, this time a book that im honestly not even paying attention to at this point in my hands over my face. A stylist greeted me on the train, fixing me up in a longer pink floral dress with white roses around the neckline and a pair of white slip on shoes. no heel. my hair was now gently curled in a half up half down style.

Im so incredibly bored, itll be another 3 days before im back home, and going back with district twelve is not looking fun.

District twelve tributes are always so moody and boring, finding ways to die before they get there. This year i doubted it would be any different. I hate my father for this.

But alas, Im finally at the age my twelve year old self claimed id be reaped at. How amazing is that, sarcasm intended. Honestly, i dont know what was going on in my little pea brained head to do this to myself but now im on a one way highway to death.

This ceremony is literally a once in a life time chance, as the capitol citizens do not participate in the games nor ever will so every capitol citizen will be roaring with excitement. How lovely.

I decided that I wanted to participate, and there was no stopping me, as my father put it. Although I believe he was too lazy to discipline mini me. I'm certain an adult could've stopped me. Im sure he just wanted to see that performance, he can have plently more babies.

My father kept it hidden, said it was to be kept in the dark and the ceremony was only to be revealed on the day it was held.

Oh and another thing was to be revealed on that day:

Which boys life id be ruining by participating in the hunger games and having him participate too.

"So, Callista, lets have a chat since we have some spare time." District twos escort, xena , almost demanded. She sounded very controlling and powerful.

I nodded and shrugged, there was no reason why not. I placed the random book down on the sofa beside me and stood up.

"What do you wish to talk about?" I put my posh-talk cover up on again as I sat opposite the woman on the couches and crossed my right leg over my left. I sat as professionally as I could in my lovely new outfit which wasnt very difficult.

"If you were to be in the hunger games, which is impossible of course, what would be your preferred weapon of choice?"

I smirked, I had chosen my weapon very precisely.

I wanted something I could use long range, and short range. That, was throwing knives.

I also had trained in archery and i had a nack with an axe, but i figured throwing knives would be a rare choice.