V

--
V: The Capitol Princess

~*~Patting rang through the dark hallways, a whimpering child running through the dirty, worn down hall barefoot

~*~
Patting rang through the dark hallways, a whimpering child running through the dirty, worn down hall barefoot. The dirty piece of fabric flung around her, hanging onto her arms and torso by a couple threads.

The child didnt care to look down at the floor, to watch for loose screws and boards or even the common broken shards of glass that lay around the slightly slanted wooden floor. Only resulting in cut feet, but she didnt care, she didnt care that it was her own blood renewing the old blood stains along the wooden slats.

"Come back here! You didnt get it all!" A horrible, nightmare fuel like laughter rang through the hallway followed by a loud crack of a belt.

The child choked on her own tears, her eyes fogging with salty water. Before she knew it, she lost her valence and she was flying across the floor. She landed with a thud and a whimper, that was sure to leave a bruise.

She tried to get up, she tried so desperately to forget about the bloodied bruises that were slowing her. But even with all her might it couldn't stop the malicious woman walking down the hall after her.

A piercing scream ripped through the air as the metal part of a belt hit the fresh open wound on the toddlers back. The screams never stopped, not until the woman passed out from her drunken state.

But still then all the shaking girl heard, was the malicious laughter.

The malicious laughter of her own mother,
her own living nightmare.

*

I woke up with a gasp, my eyes darting around the room as an alarm like sound rang through my ears, taking over the malicious laughter of my nightmare.

After a few deep breaths, i grew to learn my surroundings. I was in one of the many temporary bedrooms ive been in over the past couple of days and i had just woken up a few minutes before we were to be woken for the arrival at the Capitol.

"Everyone up!" Effies voice trilled through the slim corridor just outside my door. God, if anything were to wake me it was more her shrill voice than my nightmares.

"Save your voice for later Effie!" i shouted, my voice a little raspy from just waking up. i heard a small laugh from one of the bedrooms and shoved myself out of bed. Quickly, my stylists rushed into the room and sat me back down on my unmade bed. I played along, too sleepy to deny whatever they were doing to me. But, before long i stood up and my face and hair had been made. I had returned to a similar style of day one, my hair slicked in a low ponytail with two strands out at the front straightened to perfection. My makeup was light but my eyes were a smokey hot pink.