VIII

VIII: Knife theif.

~*~

When i got back, it was just a little past ten. Taffi scolded me for being three minutes late and sent me straight to bed with half the kitchen as a night snack. That woman really does amuse me.

When i got into my room, i flopped backward onto my bed after placing the silver tray of food on the end of the bed. After a long minute of pure comfort and a big sigh i sat up and started practically devouring the delicous meal Taffi had left for me.

"Absolute godsend." i whispered in delight. After id quite literally swallowed everything bar the utensils whole i placed the tray, knife and fork on my beside table and passed out within a few minutes.

Sleep invited me like a cat invited a mouse. Not very well. Of course, i had the few hours of deep good sleep at first then as i begun turning in my sleep it became thrashing and the images of the crooked corridor and bloodied legs and feet infiltrated my dreams.

I woke up once around two am, quickly catching my breath and swallowing a cupful of water. I allowed the blankets to swallow me whole, and after a half an hour or so of wiggling around i fell back to sleep. For the rest of the night i slept without a nightmare.

The morning came far too quick for my liking, only instead of Taffi waking me it was Ash. He grinned, a folded red and black outfit over his arm.

"Goodmorning." Ash spoke, "First day of training, how you feeling?"

I just groaned, sitting up in bed. Ash sat on the end of the large bed and placed the outfit next to him. I looked at it with a questioning glance at Ash.

"Its your training outfit, get changed quickly and join us all for breakfast." Ash smiled, "You need fuel."

I smiled back at Ash as he retreated from my room and once he had clicked the door shut i flinged the blanket off me and stood up. The cool air surrounded me and i breathed it in. I looked at the outfit, unfolding it to see it clearly.

The shirt had a Capitol symbol on the back, mostly black with grey and red stripes on the shoulder. The pants were stretchy tight leggings with three long stripes of red and grey down either side of the legs. Ash had also brought in a pair of black combat boots and they were on the floor nearby.

I shoved the uniform on quickly, buttoning up the shirt with the top button left open for comfort. I put the combat boots on, leaving the laces untied because of pure laziness.

I walked out of the room, hiking up my leggings onto my waist and pulling the shirt down neatly.

But, alas, almost instantly as i walked into the kitchen my other stylist rushed over. She tied my laces, fixed my buttons and sat me down.