Cake - Yes No Maybe So

Requested by: @Just_To_Kool (omg I love her stories and I'm fangirling)

Calum likes Luke but Luke is oblivious and keeps him in the friendzone :(

~~~~~~~~~

Calum sighed, flopping down onto his bed. Yet again, another day wasted trying to see if his bandmate liked him back.

Luke was completely oblivious, not even realizing his band mate had a crush. Luke wasn't used to people liking him that way, nobody ever really had a crush on him in school. Either that or they hid it really well.

Calum tried everything. He always sat next to him in the car, on planes, in interviews. He held his hand. He kissed his cheek.

Thankfully Luke wasn't homophobic, he saw tweets from fans who were 'cake af' and even said it himself.

Calum rolled onto his stomach, groaning.

"Calum, are you wanking?"

Calum pulled his curtain back and Luke's face came into view.

"What the fuck? No, I'm trying to sleep."

Luke chuckled, and the tour bus kept driving over what seemed like dozens of potholes.

Each time, the bus would make Calum bounce upwards causing him to hit his head on the top of his bunk. Luke just laughed, but eventually began to feel sorry for the lad.

"Stop laughing," Calum mumbled, shoving his face into his pillow.

"I brought you Advil..."

Calum stuck his hand out, leaving his face buried in the pillow. When he felt the two capsules in his hand, he swallowed them dry.

"Cuddle."

Calum held his arms out like a baby (his face no longer in the pillow), and Luke chuckled. He climbed into the bunk next to the kiwi boy and spooned him from behind.

Luke thought nothing of it. He figured Calum was just a touchy-feely kind of person.

But to Calum, it meant the world. When Luke hugged him, the sky seemed brighter. When Luke kissed his cheek or forehead, it felt like fireworks were going off in his heart.

It was Christmas Day and all the lads were gathered at Ashton's house with all of their families. (Anne had the biggest house.)

While everyone was exchanging gifts, Calum grabbed the one he got Luke and quietly handed it to the boy.

Luke attacked the wrapping paper and ripped it off until he saw the blink-182 T-shirt and black beanie.

"Thanks cal!"

Calum's heart sunk, he thought Luke would like it more. When Calum and Luke became friends, Luke gave him an earbud and they listened to the blink-182 album. And the other day, Calum accidentally dropped Luke's beanie out the window of the tour bus so he looked for days and finally found the same one.

He just thought the shirt would make Luke smile or something.

Calum sighed and went into the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of eggnog and then gagging because Anne bought the horrible kind. He took a seat at the island and stared at the fridge.

"Hey cal?"

Calum looked up to see Luke awkwardly standing a few feet from him.

"Yeah?"

"I really like the gift."

Calum nodded with a slight smile and looked down at his feet.

Luke took a seat next to him, pulling out his phone and giving Calum an earbud.

Even though he didn't even have the earbud in yet, he could faintly hear the same blink-182 album that they listened to when they became friends.

So maybe Luke didn't like him back. But right now, all that mattered was that Luke was his friend.

~~~~~~~~~
A/N

HIIIII MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! (Or happy holidays if you don't celebrate :))

Sorry this took so long, I had a severe case of writers block :-/

I love you guys! I can make a part two if you want but this one shot was sucky and I doubt you do :P

Ps. It's 10pm and my parents are finally asleep so I'm gonna snoop XD