Cake - Protect Me

Requested by: @Kenadisha18

Luke is being bullied by Calums friends, and maybe Calum doesn't like that so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luke! Get up, it's 8:15! You're gonna be late!"

Luke groaned, rolling over in his bed and realizing that it was indeed, 8:15. He swore under his breath and reluctantly crawled out of his warm bed. School sucked. Luke was the classic good student, the teacher's pet, goody two shoes, whatever you want to label him. Oh, another thing, he was gay.

Luke wasn't exactly the most liked kid at school - but he wasn't the least.

Surprisingly, the 'nerds' and 'geeks' at school got beat up and pushed around a lot more than him. He felt bad for them, but in a way he was also glad.

They got beat up by these three particular guys, Ashton, Calum, and Michael.

And Calum was sexy.

Calum was the leader of the group. Both of his arms were littered with tattoos, and he had a lip ring.

Ashton and Michael only had a couple tattoos here and there, and no piercings. Luke didn't even know how they got away with their inked skin - the school dress code was extremely strict.

They were all really attractive, and they knew it. Ashton and Michael were really arrogant and cocky, but Calum was simply confident.

Luke was walking to school when he heard a quiet, distant yell for help. He began to walk faster, almost running, to the location where the voice came from. They were in an alley, Ashton Michael and Calum. And on the ground, was a kid Luke didn't know but wanted to help.

"Hey! What are you doing?" he yelled, getting them to pause their actions for a moment.

"Mind your business, faggot," Michael snarled.

"No, just leave the guy alone."

Michael stepped closer to Luke.

"Want to join us? We'd be happy to have another punching bag," Michael growled, shoving Luke in the chest.

"We're all supposed to be in school, just leave him and I alone and I won't tell anyone about this!"

Ashton chuckled. "Do you really think anyone gives a fuck about what we do?"

"Please just-" Luke tried to say, but was cut off by a punch to the face.

Calum stepped forward, putting a hand on Michael's back. "Michael stop."

But he didn't listen. He kept punching and kicking Luke, doing whatever he could to hurt him.

The other guy had managed to get away unnoticed, but Luke was still the target. Eventually Michael stopped, and him and Ashton began to walk away.

"Are you coming Cal?"

Calum nodded, and started to leave as well, but turned around and whispered to Luke, "I'm sorry."

~

"I can't believe we got two in one morning," Ashton said, laughing. It was lunch, and they were all eating together. Calum noticed Luke sitting at a table alone. A bruise was already appearing on his cheek, and it was obvious he was limping.

"I know, it was awesome. I still don't understand why that Luke guy stood up to us. Nobody ever does that."

"It's because he's different." The two boys stared at Calum, wondering why he was practically defending Luke.