Hunter's Return

Adira's POV

Another Monday, another school week begins. I would have loved for Jasper and I to have stayed on our little vacation, but life is not a wish granting factory. Coming back home, it was obvious that Raphael had settled in quite well. He and Alice really decorated their room beautifully, and more importantly the enitre Cullen coven has embraced him with open arms. 

Even more so, somethings never change, Raphael has always been overprotective of me

Even more so, somethings never change, Raphael has always been overprotective of me. We may be cousins, but Raph and I have always been more like siblings. When he heard about everything that has happened with Jake and his hunter troupe he was livid. Raphael actually lost his parents to hunters over 10 years ago, and afterwards my family took him in and helped get him back on his feet. After witnessing the pain and suffering the hunters inflicted on my family, I hoped I would never encounter them, unfortunately fate doesn't care about your wishes.

Huh, anybody noticing the reoccurring theme. 

Anyway Raphael has been enrolled in school to continue on his junior year, and he is suddenly the newest heartthrob of Forks Highschool. Of course imagine all the girls anger to see he's already heavily involved with Alice.  Its amazing how quickly a rumor mill can spin out of control. All the students are talking about now are the Cullens, Raph and I. With all this attention from the student body, it wasn't hard to pick out Jake and some others who obviously stand out as potential hunters. 

Fortunately they haven't been able to identify the coven as vampires yet, Alice and Edward have been keeping tabs.  And even with the obvious tension, Jake still plays the role of overzealous horn-dog perfectly. He continues to weasel his way into my personal space as often as possible. I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop Jasper from committing horrific murder. Not so much for Jake's sake but more for the fact that the family doesn't want to move.

Raphael and I have started to widen out the ranges of our magic, to feel for any spikes in witch harming charms. So far we haven't felt anything but Bagherra has also been roaming the woods with Raphael's familiar Simba. Yes we were disney kids.

Speaking of familiars, I suddenly heard Bagherra's voice in my head

Speaking of familiars, I suddenly heard Bagherra's voice in my head. "There are strangers on our land, they're trying to break into the house. We can also smell with hazel."

Snapping my head up in English, I lock eyes with Raphael. No doubt Simba has relayed the same message to him; the bell rings and we speed into the hallway to meet with the rest of the family. Once we've told everyone what was going on back at the house, we headed to the lunch room to make a plan.

Jasper had his arm draped across my shoulders pressing kisses to my cheek and temple. "Don't worry darling, we're all gonna be okay. We're gonna get through this." Locking eyes I couldn't help but smile, I knew everything was going to be okay, just because he was here with me. Once we sat down at the table, everyone decided on the best course of action to deal with these hunters.  I already knew they couldn't enter the house as anyone with foul intentions are literally repelled from the property. But fact of the matter is that these assholes knew where we lived. For now it seemed like the best solution would be for me and Raphael to move into the Cullen house until this was resolved. But I would like to know what exactly these hunters know about me and my powers, and if they knew anything about my family at all.

*Time Skip: After School*

Walking into my house for the last time, for the forseeable future, I wanted to make sure that nothing important would be left behind. Raph and I have packed up a months worth of clothes, all of our spell books, and potion ingredients. The last thing I want to take with me is a family box my parents left to me, it contains all the artifacts that can contact our ancestors. There is no way I can leave these here, beyond the fact of sentimental value, some of them contain power that doesn't need magical abilities to activate it.

Picking up the family box, I strolled back outside to place it in the trunk of my car. 

"Well the witch is finally alone huh!"

"The witch is getting really annoyed of your bullshit Jake."

"We could make this easy Adira. Sure hunter's get a bad rep but, if you come willingly you'll get my personal brand and get to stay with me. Don't act like you actually believe you'll be able to escape 30 hunters in this town."

Well now we know who gets talkative once their ego inflates to a certain point. And now, the plan can get into action. Lifting my hand, I cast a small body spell. Watching Jake fall to the ground and struggle to get back up. 

"So, 30 hunters against my family and I, not really all that worried anymore. I wonder what other information you could tell me?"

He finally stops struggling to look up at me with confusion,"What family, you've been alone since your parents died!?'

"You didn't think I started dating for the hell of it did you? Jasper is the only man I will ever need in this world, my mate."

"He couldn't do anything to stop us before,"

Looking behind him I see my mate walk up and pick him up from the ground. He's been here the whole time, "So did you really believe I would leave my darling alone with you bastards?"

 He's been here the whole time, "So did you really believe I would leave my darling alone with you bastards?"

Jake looked up at Jasper in disbelief of his strength and then he saw his eyes turn black in anger.

"Vampire?"

"Your just lucky the ladies are calling the shots for this, otherwise you'd be getting more than knocked out,"

With that Jasper raised his fist and gave him one blow to the head, rendering him unconscious. "And the reason you want to bring this scum near our home is?"

"Because no matter the ego, we all know with little persuasion he can tell us everything the hunters are planning. Raph has already started brewing up some 'truth serum'"

With a smile and kiss Jasper threw Jake in the trunk and drove us to the Cullen house.