Konoha x Kido: Sweetness

Suggested by someone a long time ago

Sorry for the extremely long wait! It's extreme fluff, so its mostly moe chemistry between these two lolol

Narrator POV

The leader of the Mekakushi Dan had always been the one to make food for the group. It was a tradition that was never broken ever since everyone saved up enough money to buy a new place/hideout.

Tsubomi always had time to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was one of the only things that made her happy, knowing how much everyone enjoyed her food.

One day, a few hours before dinner, Konoha asked her if he could help.

"You-you wanna help?" Kido said, surprised. No one from the group had ever really asked to help before. Sure, Mary and Momo would offer their help, but it would always end up a big mess. There was also that awkward time Shintaro offered to lend a hand, but that's a story for another time.

Konoha nodded. "If it's okay with you, Danchou..." he said in a monotone voice. Kido blushed slightly. He rarely spoke in full sentences, and his low voice surprised her.

"Sure you can, I guess." She thought for a moment. "Okay, so I already have the stuff I need, and I was thinking of making a special dessert..." Konoha looked at Kido wide-eyed.

"Keki?" Konoha said, eyes sparkling. Kido smiled.

"You guessed it. I haven't made any in a while, so why not make some now? Plus," she leaned in close to his ear, "it's Momo's birthday," she whispered.

His eyes lit up. "Momo's birthday?" He repeated.

"Yeah. Shintaro asked me in such a weird way..." she had a thoughtful look. "His face was so red, and he stuttered a lot when he was asking me to make a cake for her, complimenting me about how great I cook.." she laughed nervously.

Konoha looked at her with a poker face. She cleared her throat. "Anyway, all I need help with is with the cake, so if you don't mind helping me.." her voice faltered. Konoha nodded.

"Okay, Danchou."
---
"Oh my God."

Kido and Konoha stared at the finished results of their cake.

"Just like the baking shows," said Konoha, complimenting the cake.

"That's what I was thinking!" Kido felt extremely proud of the cake they made, and for Konoha to speak up and say the cake looked great made her even more satisfied. "I couldn't have done it without you, you know. You were a great assistant."

Konoha stared at her. "Really?" Although he didn't seem surprised at this compliment, he did smile a smile that was simply too moe for Kido, so she quickly looked away. She looked back at the cake and was thinking of where to hide it, since Shintaro wanted it to be kept a secret until dinner.

Now for the hard part, she thought. "Now it's time to clean the mess we made... and I think we both need to clean up as well." Kido noticed the frosting all over Konoha's hands. He was in charge of decorating the cake, and although he did a great job, it had left a mess on his shirt and hands.

Kido was less dirty, but she didn't realize she had cake batter in her hair until Konoha pointed it out.

"Here," he said. Konoha grabbed a piece of Kido's hair, and used his finger to take some of the cake batter, and once he ate some of it, Kido couldn't help but realize how cute he was doing so.

"C-Careful, Konoha. Eating too much cake batter is bad for you, since there's raw egg. You can get a stomach ache. Come, I'll get the bath ready for you. You clean up while I try hiding the cake."

Konoha nodded in agreement and followed Tsubomi to the bathroom. Although Konoha seemed capable of many things, he was a scatter brain. If Kido had let Konoha prepare himself a bath, the whole place would have been flooded. Konoha seemed to know he was bad at it, too, so he stared intently as Kido drew the bath for him in order to learn from her.

"Why are you staring so much?" She asked.

"You're good at a lot of things, Danchou," Konoha said.

Tsubomi smiled. "Thank you." She then turned off the faucet and told Konoha, "there. All you gotta do is take off everything and set it there- Oh my God, wait 'til I leave!" Kido shoved her hands to her face in order to hide from Konoha's sudden flash of skin.

She saw enough to see that he was well built, and he had beautiful skin. She tried to make her way out of the bathroom with her hands still over her eyes, but she ended up slipping into the tub. The whole time she had been falling, Konoha had his shirt over his face, and only heard the big splash she made.

Konoha pulled the shirt off in one quick motion and stared at Tsubomi with wide eyes. Kido had no time to think about how that was the most emotion he's shown all day. She was simply too embarrassed.

"Danchou, did you want to take a bath together?"

Out of anything he could have said, Tsubomi did not think that would have come out of his mouth. Almost hysterically, she began to laugh loudly.

"Please, help me up," she said, laughing. Konoha attempted to help, only to slip in the same spot Kido had fallen from. Cake batter was on the floor this whole time, and it had caused both od them to fall.

He almost fell on top of Kido, but he tried his best to prop himself over her by using the wall. You can think of it as some kabedon situation.

"I figured you'd fall, too." Kido said this while her face was turned away from Konoha. He was shirtless, so what would you expect from our shy Danchou?

"Oh my Gosh!" In another room, someone was exclaiming with joy. "A cake for me?!"

Kido stopped thinking about the situation she was in and cursed out loud.

"Shit, I took too long to hide the cake!" She tried to scramble to her feet, and instead Konoha took her hand and helped Tsubomi up. He didn't let go of her hand, though.

"So it's not a surprise anymore?" To Tsubomi, Konoha looked very upset. She couldn't help laughing.

"Just take a bath, Konoha. Every one has presents for Momo, so there'll still be a surprise. I kind of have something else besides a cake I plan on giving her, but that's a secret for now."

Tsubomi left the bathroom and yelled, "don't you dare touch the cake!" and slammed the door behind her.

Konoha smiled. "You're so cool, Danchou."