Mary x Kano: Now's My Chance

SORRY FOR NO UPDATES. IM TRYING MY BEST BUT MY LAZINESS JUST.... AAAAAAAAAAGH

Anyways, enjoy~

"Now's my chance, now's my chance, now's my chance..." Repeated the little 7th grader Mary Kozakura. Held tightly in her small hands was a white and black umbrella, and her current goal was to share her umbrella with the senpai everyone was talking about- Kano Shuuya.

Mostly referred to as a 'hot weirdo', Shuuya was someone people tended to stay away from, although there were those who dared to give him love letters and such. Mary had not been one of those people, but she wanted to change that. She wanted to talk to him and make jokes with him, maybe even make him a bento sometime.

There was something about him that intrigued her, that made her want to be Shuuya's friend. From the way he smiled to the way he walked, Mary was simply mesmerized by the blonde's way of acting. She didn't think Shuuya seemed like the type of person everyone said he was-mean and weird.

And so, as today was pouring, she considered it as a chance to share an umbrella with him, just like normal friends would do. She waited at the entrance of the school, watching the kids from grades 7 through 9 pour out of the school, talking and laughing and yelling with others. But no sign of senpai.

Minutes passed, and already the school was almost deserted, and everyone had already either went home or went to their after school clubs. Mary was still hopeful, though, and felt that she still had a chance, so she decided to wait a bit longer.

After a while, she almost gave up, the rain still pouring. She looked around before inhaling and slammed her umbrella against the ground.

"Jeez, what did that poor thing ever do to you?"

She squealed at the sudden words, and her heart jumped once she realized who had snuck up behind her.

The famous senpai was there, with a curious look on his face and an umbrella in hand. An umbrella. Umbrella.

Oh... Mary thought embarrassingly. She had not put into thought at the fact that he, too, could've brought an umbrella with him to school.

She glanced at the umbrella she was holding. It had been split in half! Mary didn't think she used that much force on it. Now she felt even more embarrassed.

"Dang. Wanna share mine? I'll walk you home, if you don't mind, just as long as you don't break my umbrella." He teased.

Mary only nodded in response, for she was very happy with the outcome of things. Although, she still felt silly for breaking an umbrella out of anger.

They began walking, with Mary leading her senpai towards her home. It had been quiet the first few minutes, but soon Kano began talking about small topics, like the weather. Even so, Mary desired for this moment to last forever, to keep watching Shuuya's shimmering eyes as he looked ahead and back at her, to keep seeing the small smirk that lingered on his lips as he spoke. She was glad her home was a little far.

And then, Mary spoke. "You really like to smile a lot, huh?" She asked, the question bringing a smile to her own face. Shuuya laughed.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that. I think it's just become more of a habit."

"Even so, it's a really pretty smile," Mary said proudly, as if she was talking about her own smile. Hearing that made Shuuya's smile grow wider. Mary's heart thumped loudly in her ears.

"Yours is pretty cute, too, ya know. In fact, you don't smile much, do you? And you rarely talk." Mary tilted her head to the side in confusion. Shuuya looked slightly flustered. "I mean, a lot of people talk about you-in a good way- and they always seem to look for ways to get to know you."

Mary nodded. "I know. A lot of them wanna be my friends, but once they get to know me, they kinda just stop talking to me. And I was hoping this wouldn't pop up in the conversation, but it did. I want to be your friend, but I know you'll just... disappear, like everyone else."

Confused, Kano stopped walking. Mary walked out from under the safety of the umbrella and simply let herself get caught in the rain. The pleasure-pain of cold water touching her back made her heart thump even faster.

Mary spread her arms out, as if presenting something grand to her senpai. "I wanna be your friend, Kano Shuuya, but you gotta promise you won't disappear!" Mary said, in a louder voice. Kano frowned.

"Well, well, well. The little girl can actually speak loudly." Mary simply said nothing as water dripped down her face. The rain still showed no sign of stopping. Lightning could be seen flashing, as if the sky was shattering. "Haven't you heard? I can be rude. Evil. Deceiving, even."

"I know," Mary quickly said.

"Then why would you still want to be friends with me after hearing stuff like that?"

"Why would I believe those dumb rumors in the first place?"

Kano stared at his kouhai intensely. People did not particularly like Kano to begin with only because he was a big fat liar, and he always had such a big smile on his face that people just never took him seriously, and when they did, it was only because he came off as rude, and most got offended by it.

"Shouldn't you? It's always good to be cautious about that kind of stuff with people. What if I start calling you ugly? What if I ignore you?"

Mary's puffed her cheeks. "Hush! How am I supposed to know what kind of person you are if you just keep saying stupid stuff?"

Kano laughed. "Stupid stuff, huh? Well alright. We'll be friends, if that's what you really want. But I gotta warn you," he paused to walk towards Mary and let the umbrella cover them both from the rain once again.

"Warn me about what?" Mary murmured as Kano was getting too close for comfort.

"I'm a bit of a flirt~!" He said, while grabbing Mary's hand. "Now let's take you home! I plan on taking you home everyday now," Kano declared while smiling that famous smile of his. Mary didn't say anything and simply lead her senpai to her house, unsure as to whether she should be happy about this or not.

Maybe a part 2 will come later on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#samanthachan needs to be better at updating and making good stories