Kano x Kido: Fireworks

Narrator POV

Today there would be a small festival, and there was supposed to be an amazing fireworks show. Barnum park was mainly deserted. People were at other parks, where they could to see the fireworks closer. Plus, the view was kind of bad at Barnum. But, there was this one spot up the hill, where the trees weren't a bother, and you could see the fireworks clearly when lying down.

"..." Kido took a deep breath as she was lying down on the grass next to Kano. They had been dating for a little over 2 months now, and everything was going okay. Sure, he would tease her and stuff, and she would hit him whenever he did, but it was their way of showing how much they love each other.

"Kido," Kano began to say in a rather serious tone. She turned her head towards him, but turned her attention back to the sky. Fireworks began to cover the night sky, and fireworks of every color made everything sort of... magical. The rusty chains from the swings now had an orange-green glow to them. The purple chipped monkey bars glowed a dark purplish-blue. The grass seemed to take in all of the colors from the sky, and reflected all the colors; blue, yellow, red, white, green, purple, etc.

Kido POV

"What is it?" I questioned him, my attention still on the fireworks. When he didn't answer, I turned my attention to him, and my heart fluttered. His cat-like eyes shone brightly in different colors, and he was actually smiling. I smiled, too, and turned my body to face him fully.

He also did the same, and cupped my face with his hands. I blushed at his sudden touch, but soon relaxed. I put my hands over his as Kano bumped his forehead lightly against mine, and sighed.

"It's not everyday that we get to be like this, together, alone..." his voice trailed off. I shook my head.

"Yeah... so let's take this chance as an advantage," I pecked him on the cheek, "and enjoy the fireworks together." He smiled. Kano turned back and faced the sky. I did, too, and enjoyed the fireworks.

Narrator POV

The fireworks were endless, it seemed. As a red one popped up, a yellow spiral appeared after. And as the yellow stopped and faded from the sky, a colorful firework would explode and take its place, its white, green, and purple colors mixing together. As the fireworks repeated in an endless cycle, Kano slowly grabbed Kido's hand, and intertwined his fingers with hers. Kido's heart jumped.

She couldn't take it anymore. She had the sudden urge to do something more. His comforting hand did not satisfy her anymore. While Kano was hypnotized by the colors of the sky, Kido quickly crawled on top of him. She moved her hair out of the way and leaned close enough that their lips were barely touching, but not quite.

Kano's eyes widened, but he did not move. Kido hesitated to kiss him. They've only kissed once before, and it was only a brief one. What if she messes up? What if he doesn't like it? She mentally facepalmed herself. Of course he would like it.. he has said many times that he loved her, so why would his feelings be different now? She wanted to show him how much she loves him, so she decided to do it.

She leaned in even closer, her heart beating faster by the second. Kano barely moved, as if shocked by Kido's actions. Kido soon regretted kissing him, and quickly departed from the kiss. She looked down at him, and to her surprise, he was blushing slightly. Kido also blushed.

Kano brought his right hand up to her face and cupped her left cheek. "Didn't think you had the guts to do that," he teased, his cheeks a light shade of pink, mixed in with different colors from the fireworks, so Kido didn't notice. Kido blushed from embarrassment.

"Wh-what do you expect, baka? I did it be..cause..." she blushed so much that she could've put a tomato to shame.

"Go on~?" he insisted. Kido took in a deep breath.

"I obviously did it because I love you!" she yelled while looking into his eyes. He was a bit surprised at the words. He chuckled slightly, but soon had a serious face on.

"Kido..." his voice faltered and faded with the noises the fireworks were making. He leaned in slightly, and she did, too. She slowly closed her eyes, and sighed as Kano's lips touched hers. This time, the kiss lasted longer, and Kano was stroking her long, green hair with his left hand, his right still cupping her cheek.

The fireworks kept going, the colors becoming more vibrant and shiny. People began to put the cooler fireworks, the ones that made pictures in the sky. The fireworks began to resemble rainbows, diamonds, flowers, even words.

Minutes ticked by, and they departed from their kiss, both looking into each others eyes. Kido couldn't take it; she felt like she would melt. She rolled to her side, and layed back down next to Kano. She looked up at the sky, a smile plastered on her face.

Kano turned his head, and looked at her for a while without her noticing. He smiled to himself, and snuggled up against Kido, his face on her chest.

"What-!"

"Just let me stay like this," he said, his voice muffled. She sighed and let him be. He hugged her tightly, his arms around her waist. Kido kept looking at the night sky, wondering if there would ever be another chance for them to be together, just like this.

*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*·*

wow. I think this is one of the best stories I've ever made.. I had a dream like this once, but slightly different. I changed it a little so it could fit in with Kano and Kido's characters, but I don think it really did.. anyways, this was based off of the 4th of July, but since they dont really live in the US, I made it more of a small festival thing.... but I think I kinda failed... XP oh well... comment, share, vote, do whatever you want~