Heartbreak Girl

To: Jared (My first crush and the guy I crushed on for 6 years?)

From: Me (The girl who used to play with you and who moved away)

Dear Jared,

I can't seem to get you out of my heart. We wouldn't talk for months and I don't see you anywhere anymore so why do I keep going back to you? I'll get over you and then you will come in and make an appearance, bring back those stupid feelings and leave.

Why? You just like playing with my feelings yeah? I think you think that I've gotten over my crush on you. I mean I would if a guy when I was 7 said he likes me would have forgotten his crush after 6 years. But the feeling doesn't leave completely. There's a small part hanging on to you for who knows what reason.

You always looked at me as a friend. I'm glad then even though you knew I liked you last time you continued to hang out with me and not ignored me. You would act as if I don't like you and that is in a way great.

I don't know what to say because I've accepted the truth that you'll never like me, all I'll ever be to you is a friend. I still remember how embarrassed you were when I asked you the results you got in a government exam. You didn't want to tell me as I passed with flying colors. Cut things short, you didn't do really well.

You thought I would laugh at you and make fun of you. I'm going to tell you now that I wouldn't do such a thing. I really hope we can continue to talk and that you would be the same Jared I've known. The funny and playful guy.

So here's a song from 5SOS, a band which I don't really like much, about what I wanted to tell you last time.

"I dedicate this song to you,

The one who never sees the truth,

That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.

Hold you tight straight through the day light,

I'm right here. When you gonna realize

That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

I bite my tongue but I wanna scream out

You could be with me now

But I end up telling you what you wanna hear,

But you're not ready and it's so frustrating

He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you it's not fair.

And when the phone call finally ends

You say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10,"

And I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again,

I know someday it's gonna happen

And you'll finally forget the day you met him

Sometimes you're so close to your confession,

I gotta get it through your head

That you belong with me instead"