Sentiment is a Chemical Defect Found in the Losing Side

Author's Note: Another short chapter. I apologize but school is ruining my writing style. Anyways no disclaimers in this chapter thankfully. So enjoy!

Love,

lies4theliars

Sherlock was ready to kill. He stepped back into 221B and slammed the door shut as he walked into the kitchen and pulled out the two arms he had kept in the fridge. He quickly pulled out all of the vast chemicals that he had stored and began to test on the limbs, his frustration evident as he continuously mutilated the arms. He heard the door open and shut and saw John, Tessa, and Dynah file into the room. John didn't say anything, immediately going up to his room, and shutting the door. The girls didn't stay long. They ran upstairs quickly, changing what they were wearing before going out again. Sherlock didn't particularly care, just focused on his work and tried to only focus on his work. He found himself unable to lose his mind in the experiment he felt himself boil over in anger and throw his experiments off of the table. He heard John run down the stairs, clearly upset at the fact that Sherlock had forced him to leave his room.

"What the hell are you doing, Sherlock?" John asked, looking at the mess on the floor."You can't just throw those acids around on the floor and damage the flat!"

"I've been emotionally compromised, John!" Sherlock yelled.

"What are you talking about, Sherlock?" John asked.

"This exactly what he planned from the beginning, isn't it? God,he planned this and I was so blind to it! We all were!" Sherlock yelled.

"Sherlock, are you actually saying that..."John trailed off.

"Yes! I can't focus because Jamie is dead! Does this surprise you, John? Because I do not understand it. I live my entire life surrounded by death, bodies, and crime scenes, never feeling anything and now here I am, mourning over the loss of some girl!" Sherlock yelled, screaming at the ceiling.

"She wasn't just some girl, Sherlock! She was your friend. She could have been family! You may not want to be attached to people,or to become friends with others, but it happens Sherlock, and you became her friend. She was family! Why can't you accept that her death is going to affect you! That it's normal for it to affect you!" John yelled.

"It isn't normal for me to think. I'm not normal like you, John! I don't have feelings and I recognize sentiment as a weakness." Sherlock said, throwing his arms up in the air in anger.

"Would it kill you to be human for once, Sherlock? Do you not understand how Tessa, Dynah and I feel about this? We just lost someone who was family to us, and you're just standing here yelling about how hard it is for you because you think it's wrong! It's not wrong, Sherlock! It's human! But what the hell would you know about that? You're just a bloody emotionless freak!" John yelled before storming out of the flat.

Sherlock felt his frustration still seeping out of him and he didn't know what to do. He decided that he needed something to distract him. Something besides an experiment. He needed his mind to be focused on the case. He needed to go and see Jim again. Jim held all the answers, and as much as Sherlock hated to, he needed to co-operate with Jim in order to get them. Almost as if he had said the words to Jim himself, a text arrived in his phone, from none other than the infamous consulting criminal.

Missing you, Sherlock. We need to talk about how sentiment can lead to death.- J.M xx

Sherlock looked over the message before replying.

When and where?-S.H

Camden.-J.M xx

Sherlock quickly left the flat and took the tube to Camden. The market clearly wasn't being,considering how late at night it was. The only people around now would be drug addicts, to high to even notice their surroundings and some members of Sherlock's homeless network. Perhaps even Jim had some of his men here as well. Sherlock wrapped his coat around him tightly, realizing now how cold it was tonight. He inspected his surroundings, wondering where Jim could possibly be lurking and waiting. He heard footsteps behind him, and he stopped walking, but didn't turn around. He felt a head rest on his shoulder and a hand reach up to play with his hair.