Until The Fall

Author's Note: I do not own The Killing Joke or The Joker they belong to DC Comics as well as Alan Moore and Brian Azzarello. I also do not own The Turn of the Screw. That belongs to Henry James. I do not own Wally West, though I  wish I did!

Love,

lies4theliars

"I know where it's from, Inspector." Jamie said.

"Oh and where is it from exactly? Another literary work?" Lestrade said.

"Actually yes. It's from Henry James' The Turn of the Screw. It's a novella." Jamie stated.

"It's a ghost story." Dynah said.

"Well really that is up to interpretation.Seeing as the story is told in the governess' point of view, we can not be sure that she is really seeing a ghost, or if she is just simply crazy." Tessa said.

"That's the last of line of the novella. When Miles dies. The governess believes that it was a ghost, but she was hugging him into her chest, which if she were crazy, she could have killed him by suffocating him against her." Jamie said.

"Why would he leave that message for all of you?" Lestrade asked.

"It's not for us." Dynah said.

"It's for Sherlock." Tessa finished Dynah's thought.

"So what, the psychopath is going after Sherlock next?" Lestrade asked.

"No. He isn't coming after me next. This is just a warning for what is going to come." Sherlock said.

"He's going to kill you?" John asked.

"Yes. He said he would, but first he has to burn the heart out of me." Sherlock said, chuckling darkly. "But never mind this, we need to focus on finding out if their is a ship coming her from Asia."

"Sherlock, do not understand how hard that will be? Do you know how many ships come in and out of the country with cargo?" Lestrade asked.

"That doesn't matter.There will only be one specific ship that we need. Somehow the clue will tie together with it. I need to get back to the flat. I need to think." Sherlock said, rushing out to find a cab, the rest of his flat mates following behind quickly.

Another week passed and Sherlock was losing his mind. Everyday he would check to see if any ships from Asia that even somehow related to the nursery rhyme had arrived, but every time he checked, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. He couldn't even find out if their was ship that left from ANY country in Asia with a name that would relate back to the clue. There was nothing. Of course Moriarty had made it untraceable so that he wouldn't be able to find it until it actually arrived in England. Sherlock was becoming extremely irritable and every little thing that people did was beginning to drive him off the edge, and Jamie had made one too many comments about him needing medication. It was now the 22nd of June. Once again, John and Sherlock had gone on their own separate cases in their spare time, one of them involving comic book characters coming to life. Sherlock was quite satisfied with himself after that case, but quickly the boredom returned and he was back to putting all of his focus into the game with Moriarty. Jamie, Tessa and Dynah were just as bored and tried to find simple things in order to occupy their time. Jamie spent most of her time reading books, and Tessa would practice her violin. Dynah seemed to always be on a laptop, whether it be her own or John's playing a game called "Slender" that would cause her to scream at random points and panic. Sherlock continued to look up information on ships coming to England, most of them being cargo ships, seeing as that was the most logical way to transport dead bodies overseas rather than on any other kind of ship. Sherlock continued his search until he found what he needed. There was a ship arriving in the Port of Liverpool later on this evening. Sherlock put his phone back into his pocket and walked over to Dynah's laptop, slamming it down to make it shut. He picked up Jamie's book and placed it on the table and he ripped Tessa's violin out of her hands. All girls looked like they wanted to kill him.

Sherlock: Carpe Diemजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें