La Nuit de la Mort

Sherlock quickly ran out of the building, going to where Tessa had landed. He saw her trying to get up, unable to put weight on her left arm seeing as it was broken. He came closer to her and helped her to stand up.

"I need to set the bone." Sherlock said.

"I'll be fine." Tessa said, moving her arm away from Sherlock, holding it in pain.

"I have to set it." Sherlock said, before sighing and ripping off the sleeve to his shirt.

He wrapped it around Tessa's shoulder and made a sling out of it, placing Tessa's arm inside of it. He made sure that the bone was set properly before leading her back inside of the warehouse. When they entered, Sherlock saw Moriarty standing there, smiling at the two of them, waving at them. Tessa immediately went to go and attack him, but Sherlock held her back.

"Oh is little Tessa angry?" Jim teased.

"You are a sadistic bastard!" Tessa yelled.

"Guilty as charged!" Jim sang, before letting out an evil laugh.

"What do you possibly need us for, Jim?" Sherlock asked, growing frustrated with the man.

"I told you, Sherlock! We have a circus to put on!" Jim exclaimed.

Jim immediately snapped his fingers and suddenly the lights flicked off again. Sherlock held onto Tessa, making sure that the girl didn't get dragged away. The room was filled with noises, that Sherlock knew was the sound of metal moving against metal. The lights then flickered back on and Sherlock studied cages that had moved into the small space all of a sudden. Some of the cages were filled with various animals, most of them extremely dangerous. There were lions, tigers, and even some hyena's. Jim had even gone so far as to have a tank filled with piranhas and Sherlock couldn't help but wonder how he had hidden that before.

"Isn't it wonderful Sherlock? Cost me quite a bit of money, but this is going to be so much fun!" Jim beamed, before snapping his fingers once more.

Suddenly a large group of people were walking into the room. All of them had a red laser pointed to the back of their head. These people were aware they were being held at gun point. There were 25 people currently in the group. Most kept their heads down. Sherlock watched as one woman looked up and began to panic. Sherlock wanted to warn her not to move, but it was too late. She quickly tried to run from the group, but made it two steps before getting shot. Tessa immediately looked away, not wanting to see it. Sherlock saw the other people in the group began to panic, some screaming and yelling, but Jim immediately silenced them!

"YOU PEOPLE BORE ME!" Jim yelled. "NOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO END UP LIKE YOUR STUPID LITTLE FRIEND, YOU WILL DO AS I SAY! IS THAT CLEAR?"

The group all were silent, until they all mumbled a yes together.

Jim sighed out, with a smile on his face. "Now, we are going to put on a show tonight for Sherlock Holmes and Tessa Daniels! Let's put on a good show tonight! After all, we are all trained professional circus performers!" Jim laughed.

Sherlock walked towards Jim and brought his ear close to Jim's ear.

"

I'm not going to stand here and watch this. I'm going to stop you."

"Oh no you won't, Sherly." Jim grinned.

"You can't point your stupid little guns at me and expect me to not stop you."

"Oh no. It won't be you I'm pointing the gun at." Jim smiled, before gesturing over to Tessa.

Sherlock looked over to Tessa and saw that there were many red dots scattered over her body. She looked up at Sherlock, no fear in her eyes, but rather she looked as if she had something planned.

"Is that all you can do, Jim? Point guns at me? Why not try something different?" Tessa mocked the man.

Jim just smiled and wrapped his arms around Sherlock's waist. Sherlock looked skeptical, not sure what Jim was doing. Tessa looked at him oddly as well. Jim kept a firm hold on Sherlock before walking him over closer to the lions cage. Jim snapped his fingers 24 times in a row, and suddenly the people were all moving forward. Some were led into cages with animals, others to a trapeze that hung over the whole room. No net underneath. Sherlock eyes were wide and he looked over to Jim, who just smiled sweetly at him.

"It's alright, Sherlock. I won't make you watch. I just want you to hear it and see the aftermath. That goes for you too Tessa. I just want you to hear their screams and realize that it was all because of you." Jim grinned.

Sherlock refused to look away, but he saw that Tessa had her eyes shut, a neutral look on her face. She was more human than he was. She didn't need to see this. Sherlock however kept his eyes trained on the scene. That was when Jim sighed.

"Perhaps I shouldn't have said I won't make you watch it. I'm changing it now to, I won't let you watch it." Jim grinned, before sliding his hand over Sherlock's eyes. "Don't even attempt to look."

Sherlock did as he was told and kept his eyes shut. For the next half an hour all he could hear were screams of the people in the room. Why was this taking so long? He couldn't keep listening to this. Finally the screams stopped and he felt Jim's hand slip away from his eyes and he opened them. He analyzed the room. All around him was massacre he couldn't even comprehend. Blood and bodies everywhere. Sherlock looked over to Tessa whose eyes were wide and horrified.

"How does it make you feel you two? You couldn't stop it. The only thing you can do is stand there and wait to bring justice after the people are dead. You don't help anyone. I've killed so many people, Sherlock, and you've been helpless to stop it. You can't win the Game." Jim laughed before pinning Sherlock against the lions cage.

Sherlock tried to move out of the grip, but Jim held him firm against the cage. Sherlock heard the lion roar and he glared at Jim, while Jim simply smirked. Sherlock was about to open his mouth to say something, but as he did, he felt a pain course throughout his back. He screamed loudly from the shock of it all and moved his hand to his back, only to pull it back and see blood. The lion had sliced open his back. Sherlock struggled to move away from the cage, but still Jim held him there, scowling at his actions.

"Let him go!" Tessa yelled at Jim, running over to them.

"I recommend you don't move Tessa. Or I'll have them send you to the piranhas." Jim beamed, eyes locked on Sherlock's.

"What do I have to do to convince you to let me go?" Sherlock asked, the pain in his back distracting him from what he knew to be his reasonable thoughts.

"Reciprocate." Jim breathed out, before pressing his lips to Sherlock's.

It took Sherlock a moment to register what was happening and what Jim had said, but once he understood, he kissed Jim back. He knew what Tessa was going to think, but Sherlock knew there was no kindness or love in this kiss at all, or any kiss they had shared. This was all about power. All about the game. All about who would win. This kiss was a promise from Jim to Sherlock that one of them was going to die. Jim began to kiss him harder and Sherlock did the exact same, and soon they were doing as Tessa and Dynah liked to refer to as "snogging". Sherlock wasn't surprised by any of this, just responding to every action that Jim made. When the need for air became too much, he broke his lips away from Jim's and found himself being pulled from the cage wall. Jim smiled and straightend out Sherlock's clothes.

"Time for you to leave!" Jim sang, before walking away from Sherlock. "Call your Scotland Yard. I'm on my way home. Things to destroy and what not! Have fun explaining this to the police. Bye!" Jim said before walking away.

Sherlock waited until the red dots on Tessa's body vanished before he walked over to her. However she used her good arm to punch him across the face. Sherlock looked at her, slightly stunned.

"What the hell was that? Why were you snogging him? He's our enemy! He killed Jamie!"

"I can't explain it you Tessa. I'm going to phone the Yard, and then we're going to the hospital. I'll have a hell of a time trying to explain this to John." Sherlock sighed before picking up his phone and calling the Yard. This was the night of death.