Chapter 38: Discoveries

There was a long staircase that descended into the ground. Walking through, I felt the walls tighten around me as claustrophobia decided to present itself for the first time. My nerves racked as I tried to remain as quiet as humanly possible. The entrance was closed behind me which only made me more nervous.

At the bottom of the stairs, there were rows of shelves all with jars filled with different colored liquids. There was a table with a few books on them, but it was nothing too spectacular. There wasn't anything down there that looked too suspicious.

I walked into the room and began to roam around. I walked over to the jars and took a red one off the shelf. It seemed like some sort of chemical mixture fixed in a lab, but I knew better than to trust that. I turned it over and read the label on it.

TITAN BLOOD it read. I slipped it back onto the shelf not even wanting to know what that was. I picked up another jar that was half empty and read the label. CONTROL

I slipped it back onto the shelf and kept looking around. I knew that Sir Itachi was hiding something, but what could it be? I walked over to the table and picked up a heavy old book. I opened it and began to read it's contents.

June 3rd,

The girls have shown great promise in their training. Winter is currently training to harness her ability to turn water into vapor. Summer has managed her powers with ease. Though I am concerned about the destructive nature of her magic, I believe that she can harness it for the greater good.

I slipped ahead of a few pages and began to read.

June 10th,

Autumn has written back to me. She had to relocate many civilians as those beasts attacked. This war is only getting worse and worse by the day. I need her to come back home, but she refuses to leave without protecting those people. I'm proud of her, but I fear that she will never return.

I stuffed the book into my satchel and continued to look through the things on the desk. My hands sifted through drawings and papers until I found one that caught my eye.

It was a drawing of a prism. Not just any prism, the prism that Allioni told me not to touch in the in- between. I rolled up the picture and stuffed it into my satchel as well. I also stole a journal and an old map. As I was about to leave, I noticed something in the corner of the room.

It was a rectangular box-like shape that sat away from everything else. I slowly crept up to it. Not knowing what was inside, I didn't want to just open it, but I could hear Whisper in my head about doing nothing.

I pulled the sheet off and let out a gasp. In a small cage sat Allioni. His eyes were closed almost like he was asleep, but his legs were crossed Indian style. He didn't seem to even notice me as I was standing there gaping at him.

"Allioni," I called in a sort of whisper. He didn't respond.

I saw a bracelet that resembled the one that Jack has during the fight on his wrist. I looked on the table for a key but found nothing. Instead, I found two more bracelets. I thought that it was in my best interest to take them as well.

"Ally, please get up. I need your help," I begged as I began to look for something heavy to break the lock "teleport out of there or something."

"He can't do that. Don't you see the bracelet? He's powerless," I thought.

Still, I searched around the room for some sort of blunt force object. It was then that I noticed the writing on the wall. On the wall behind Allioni's cage was a list. The list contained the names; Harlequin, Arlow, Allioni, Calypso, Gollum, and Dela.

The name Harlequin already had a red line through it. I began to properly examine the room for a moment. It had begun to dawn on me that Sir Itachi had some greater plan all along. From what I saw, he had been searching for the guardians for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real reason he took me to begin with.

I had no time to lose. I quickly showered the floors looking for some way to let Allioni out. I was in such a hurry that I didn't even notice when footsteps began to descend the stairs for a while. When I did hear them, I rushed to cover Allioni's cage and ducked behind the shelves.

Sir Itachi emerged from the stairs and walked over to Allioni's cage. My heart skipped a beat as he kicked it then laughed. I didn't understand why any of it was happening, but I was scared beyond belief.

"Not so tough are you, Allioni?" He asked mockingly, "You know, I almost feel bad for you."

I heard him approaching the shelves and my heart almost stopped completely, "Ya know, I almost feel bad for you," he said.

He pulled a liquid off of the shelf and walked over to the table. I peeped around the corner of the shelf and saw him taking some of the blue liquid and placing it into a vile. It looked familiar. I realized that that was the vile he had when he was having tea with the king. That was also the liquid marked control. That was the first time maths was easy for me. I put two and two together and found out that he put a spell on the king to control him.

"Ya know, you could have been a great asset to the kingdom. It doesn't matter now I suppose. Because now, I know who and what you are. Now, I have to kill you," he sighed.

I gasped a little bit covered my mouth immediately after. I could tell that Itachi heard me as he stopped talking completely. I began to pray that I didn't die as I heard his footsteps coming towards me.