Chapter 15: Allioni

Allioni's POV

I had to leave a few hours before Jack and Diana woke up. She was fast asleep on the bed, and Jack was sleeping on the living room floor. I couldn't figure out why Jack would give up his comfort just for Diana.

I weighed my options as I made my way down the trail on the way to town. I moved swiftly, knowing that I had to get to where I was from before the thirteenth hour. A minute later may cause too much of a delay in my plans.

I began to think, "His heartbeat quickens, and he spends most of his time trying to be near her. Could he be... in love?"

I entered the town and found that the streets were empty except for a few guards walking around. There were two shadows approaching me One seemed to belong to a tall stout man, and the other a tall skinny man. I considered hiding, but there was no point.

"Hello gentleman," I called when they noticed my presence, "can anyone direct me to where I could find some bread?"

The two men looked at each other in confusion. The stout man used his chubby index finger to itch his head. The thin man rubbed his stomach.

"Ya know what Gilly?" the stout man laughed, "I think that it's a past curfew."

The thin man I then knew to be Gilly laughed deeply, "Well, of course, it's not Moe," he replied walking towards me, "because this pipsqueak wants bread."

"And a place to purchase some new clothes as well," I added holding my finger up.

The two men laughed mockingly. The stout man walked over to me, and rested his finger on my chest, "Who do you think you are?" Moe asked.

"I would advise you don't do that," I said, "but if you two won't supply me with the information I need I'll be on my way."

It became evident that the two men had no interest in helping me. In fact, I was sure they intended on arresting me. That would be a great inconvenience to my mission.

I began walking around them hoping that they would heed my warning. Due to the unpredictability of my magic, any form of physical violence would result in casualties. The men began to laugh. I could see that there was no way I could possibly escape this unscathed without self-defense when Moe pressed his finger against my chest.

"Or what?" he asked before grabbing hold of my arm, "Your gonna come with me."

I pulled away. The men looked at me with their mouths gaped. They seemed to be shocked by the strength I used to escape their grasp.

"Please ... leave," I reasoned one more time. I felt a surge of power I hadn't felt in a while. The tingling at my fingertips and the warmth in my eyes gave me a wave of energy that was unsafe for anyone involved. I tried to calm myself thinking of where I was going. Thinking of what I needed to do, who I needed to see.

"Come here you mongrel!" Gilly yelled attempting to latch onto me.

The moment that man laid his hands on me, something happened to me that hadn't happened in a long time. A feeling of familiarity surged through me as my skin tingled. The two men's eyes were focused on me as the pink light illuminating from my skin began to glow. I held out my hand.

"Please ... go ... I mean you no harm," I begged as my body began to shake.

"I don't know Moe ... maybe we should go," Gilly stuttered. I could hear his heartbeat begin to pick up.

"He's scared," I thought, "good"

"I won't be threatened by a boy!" Moe screamed. Once again reaching for my arm.

"As you wish," I answered before feeling my eyes glow, closing my hand into a fist leaving the men without their sight, but with a smoking hole in their eye socket.

***

"I didn't want to have to do that," I thought as I stood in front of my destination, "I had no other choice."

I had found a few pieces of clothing hung up on clothing lines right behind some houses. I didn't think that the owners would mind me borrowing them.

As I stood in front of the small stone building, I found myself contemplating my mission.

"Maybe ... I should wait," I thought to my self, "Maybe ... she isn't there ..."

At that moment, something inside me answered. There was a warm, glowing feeling in my chest. I looked down at my chest and saw that my heart was ... glowing.

"How strange ..." I commented touching the glowing area.

Strangely enough, through the windows of the house, I could see the same golden light shimmering from within. I found myself drawn to it. Before I knew it, I was inside.

I didn't know when I realized it, but I soon knew that I was looking at her. Her long white hair met her slim waist. Her breathing was halted, but I could feel her heartbeat when I put my hand over my chest. Her eyes were closed shut, and her skin darker was flushed pale, but I knew she wasn't dead. She was just ... asleep.

I put my hand on hers careful not to disturb her, "Thank you for waiting for me," I whispered leaning to her ears, "my dearest, Giovan."