Chapter 27: Secrets

"Jack!" I screamed running into him and wrapping my arms around his torso, "How did you find me?"

"Actually, it was Ally," he responded chuckling a little, "but I'll be happy to take credit."

I pulled away from the hug and saw Allioni standing at the door. He tilted his head sideways as he usually did and raised his eyebrows. He looked as though his hair had grown quite a bit longer in the few hours I was gone.

"Allioni, you have no idea how glad I am to see you!" I yelled running over to him to give him a hug, "How did you do this?"

"I'm afraid there's no time to explain. We have to get you back soon," Allioni said raising his hand up to my face preventing my hug.

Jack came to stand beside me as we both looked at Ally. I couldn't help but notice how different Allioni was. His milky skin was still pale, but his eyes were no longer purple. Instead, his eyes were light blue. His pink hair no longer ended at his ears but extended to his neck. It was strange.

"I have reason to believe that my weapon is tucked away in the castle's dungeon. Do you think that you could get it back?" Allioni asked. Even his way of speaking had changed.

"No way! I don't even want to go back, and you want me to go poking around in a dungeon? Are you crazy Allioni?" I almost yelled.

"I must remind you, Diana, there is a bigger issue at hand. He is coming, and if we don't have a way to defend ourselves we'll be killed," Allioni explained.

I was becoming overwhelmed by my surroundings. First, I was kidnapped by a strange Noble Man. Then, I watched men being forced to fight each other to the death. Then, I was forced to serve said, a nobleman. After that, I was rescued. Then finally, I have to go back and ransack a dungeon.

My head began to spin as I took a seat on the ground. I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around all of it. It was all too strange for me. Whenever a problem arose, there would be ten more waiting.

"Don't worry, Diana," Jack said sitting beside me, "it'll all be over soon, and ya know what? It'll all be worth it."

Jack himself was becoming too strange for my liking as well. His mannerisms were different. Though, for the most part, he was himself, the way he kept his eyes focused on me was too different to go unnoticed.

I began becoming uncomfortable when I noticed that all attempts at building the cabin were halted. I knew that they were hiding something from me. I really didn't want to ask them about anything, but I found myself wondering about their stability.

"Okay, how do I find this weapon? I don't even know what it looks like," I asked standing up.

"You'll know when you find it," Allioni said.

I nodded and walked back over to the portal. The whole ordeal was something I needed to get used to. I guessed that the return of magic had them on edge. I knew that if I had all of that pent up anger and nowhere to put it, I'd go crazy.

As I stood by the portal, I heard a voice, "You should be back by tomorrow night," said Jack with the smile I had grown accustomed to.

"Yeah," I said as I stepped back through the wardrobe.