Chapter 28: Speak to the King

"Wake up girls. We have a very busy day ahead!" I said as I waltzed into Summer and Winter's shared room.

Both girls groaned as I slid the curtains open allowing for a flood of natural sunlight enter the room. I stood between both of their beds, as each of them was on the other side of the oversized room, and sighed at them. They both buried their heads into their pillows.

"Ya know, this room kind of reminds me of my room back home," I said as I picked a piece of clothing off of the floor and placed it in their basket.

"Oh really? Did you also have a chatty lady waltzing around your home at all hours of the morning?" Summer snapped as she threw her legs over her bed.

I stopped for a moment and looked at the sunset, "Actually, I did," I chuckled, "her name was Scarlet."

I was able to get the girls downstairs and let the cook know what they wanted. She was a rather nice woman, the cook. She smiled and gave me a freshly made muffin.

I went about my day quite normally. I was allowed to walk about the castle as I pleased, so I got to see a dozen rooms. I even looked out the numerous bay windows and watched the city. Everyone seemed so content doing what the needed to be done.

I began to venture far into the west wing. I knew good and well that those were the king's quarters, but the intricate paintings on the walls of the outside hallway, and the beautiful view as I walked made it worth the wait.

I was even able to ponder on why Jack and Allioni acted so weirdly. They seemed so off that I wondered whether or not they even realized that they were acting strangely. How could they though, I was on some very serious business. I suppose the fate of the world resting on their shoulders was really taking a toll on them.

I began mindlessly wandering into a room. I didn't pay much attention at first, but when I saw the giant round table in the middle of the room, I thought it looked oddly familiar. The ceiling had a drawing of women on a white horse charging to the heavens, while the walls showed a city of people staring up at them.

I looked over the map and found that it wasn't like the ones on earth. There were the same amount of continents on earth, but they were all different shapes, sizes, and colors. I ran my hand over the table an began to shake as I got a vision.

"You really think you've got this all figured out don't you?" Grandma laughed as Allioni pointed at the map.

"I do believe that Giovan, Jack and I could handle this peacefully," Allioni explained using his normal tone that I had grown to miss.

"I don't know Allioni. What do you think Giovan?" She asked the blue-haired girl holding onto Allioni.

They were such a strange contrast to each other. She didn't seem to have much issue with affection, but Allioni has proven not to like it that much. He doesn't even seem to mind that she was holding him so tightly.

"I don't exactly think that it's the best idea, but the boys are heart set on going, and I think it's best if someone was there to make sure that weren't hurt too badly," she explained.

"I think that we should be safe here," I was taken out of my vision as Sir Itachi's voice boomed from down the hall.

I began to panic as I looked around for a place to hide, knowing that he was too close for me to just leave. I could find no better alternative than to stuff myself into a small wardrobe pressed against the door.

"Why do I always get caught up in these things," I thought as I heard footsteps enter the room.

"I guess he didn't accept your invitation, " a man groaned, "its a shame. We have so little time left."

I cracked the door open a bit and peeped through. There was a man in a long red gown groaned taking a seat on the chair near the table. His white beard hung to his chest, and his skin was pale.

"I wouldn't worry about him," Sir Itachi said resting his fingers on the map, "all things are going according to plan."

The man sat up, "Oh really? Do you want to tell me where Autumn is? Wasn't she supposed to arrive with you?"

"Indeed she was, but she became a bit preoccupied with retrieving the machine," Itachi said with the smuggest look I had ever seen.

The man with the beard sprung to his feet, "You mean to tell me we've found our machine?" He exclaimed. He wore a broad smile on his face, "Oh, my boy, you've finally done it!"

Sir Itachi nodded with a small smile, "Indeed, and I can assure you that she will be back with our machine in due time for the ball in four days. I do, however, believe that she may return for the grand fighting festival. I trust you'll be in attendance, your highness."

"Is that the king?" I thought to myself as Sir Itachi strolled passed the wardrobe.

The man slowly sat on his seat, "Oh, I don't think so," he said softly, " how can I face the kingdom a failure?"

Sir Itachi stood at a small table setting the glasses down and pouring the red liquid into the cups, "A failure, you? Your majesty, you are a great king. The kingdom is doing well, and it will do better even when we capture get our weapon," handing the king one of the glasses

"Yes, yes, I suppose so," the king nodded dutifully taking a sip of wine.