Chapter 3

I've been working for Vincent about three months. We get along pretty good. When I went into work I noticed a note on my desk from Vince, wanting me to go over the quarterly reports. When I had to do this for Mr. C I always used his office because he had more space, so I figured to do the same thing now. When I went in Vince's office I noticed he wasn't there so I spread out the reports on the floor and got to work. This was going to be a long day.

Vincent's P.O.V

I decided to go into work late today. When I got to my office I noticed Zara was inside. She was standing on top of a chair trying to get something off the top shelf when the chair started to wobble.  She let out a scream and I caught her before she hit the floor.

"Are you alright"?

"Yea thanks to you, I could have broken something."

"What were you trying to get any way?" I asked while still holding her

"I needed to get last quarter reports so I can add these, but obviously I couldn't reach them. I'm alright you can let me go now."

"What if I don't want to dolcezza?"

"Too bad you have a meeting with Michael and I have to finish these reports."

"He can wait", I said reluctantly letting her go.

------------------------------------

Zara's P.O.V

When I finally finished the reports, Vincent was coming in from the meeting followed by a  blonde woman. She started talking not realizing I was in the office.

"So baby are we still on for dinner tonight? You promised when you got back in town we will meet up and it's been months."

"Yea sure"

I don't know why I got annoyed at him calling her baby but I did. Maybe it's the sound of her voice. Yea that has to be it I tell myself. It's not like I didn't make my own plans for tonight with Michael.

"Umm Vince here's the reports. I'll be in my office if you need anything." I said making my exit.

I heard a light tap on my door and I told the person to come in.

"Hey beautiful, I wanted to stop by before I left to make sure we were still on for tonight, you know the last time I was in town you canceled on me."

"Yea of course, and last time couldn't be helped Mr. C had me work late that night. I'll meet you at 8:00."

"Okay, I'll see you then".

"So you're going out with Michael huh?"

"Nosey much?" I said to Vincent when he walked into my office.

"How well do you know him?"

"Well enough to have dinner with him." I didn't have any romantic inclinations towards Michael, we were just friends but I didn't have to tell him that.

"Well maybe you shouldn't be going out with him."

"How well do you know blondie in there?

"Well enough" he said throwing my words back at me. "Are you jealous?"

"Why would I be? Are you?"

"Not in the slightest dolcezza.(sweetness)

------------------------------------

Vince thought he was so slick, having me type up contracts trying to get me to stay late while he went out with blondie. After I finished up I made it home by 6:30. I put my phone on the charger and hopped in the shower. I slipped on a black dress and a pair of black scrappy heels. I didn't have time to style my hair so I put it up in a high bun and put on a pair of gold hoop earrings. I put on a light lip gloss grabbed my keys and headed out the door. I made it to Le' Muse at 7:55.

"I didn't thing you would make it I almost gave up on you. Thought you stood me up again"

"Oh please it's not even 8:00, and that first time doesn't even count." I said as we went to our table.

"You look beautiful tonight by the way."

"Thank you. You look very nice yourself". Michael was attractive. He was about 6'3, with brown hair and grey eyes. He had a nice build.

"Good evening, my name is Vanessa and I'll be your server this evening. What would you like to drink?"  I ordered a Pinot Grigio and Michael order a scotch an soda.The waiter returned with our drinks and took our food orders. I heard snickering and when I looked two tables over I saw no other than Vince and blondie. He looked bored out of his mind. Serves him right.

"So how is it working for Vince?"

"It's ok. We're still getting to know each other. How long have you known him?"

"Since college, never really got along that well. He's well... I don't want to sound mean but...

"Wait, your not about to bad mouth my boss in front of me."

"Hold up no need to get fired up. I won't say anything, is there something going on between you two?"

"Just paperwork, why?"

"Because you got a little defensive there, I thought you were about to bring out your claws."

"Yeah, yeah."

I caught myself staring at Vince when Michael wasn't looking and comparing the two. Michael was handsome but not nearly as good looking as Vincent.

I excused myself to go to the restroom. I washed my hands and was on my way out when I was pushed back into the restroom.

"What the hell.. Vincent what are you doing?"

"I needed to see you."

"I need to get back to my date."

" I don't give a damn about your date, you shouldn't have been out with him any way."

"I'm grown I'll do what I want."

"We'll see about that." He pulled me towards him and buried his face in my neck. "You smell delicious"

"Vincent we can-...

"I was cut off when he crashed his lips against mine. He placed his hands on my hips and pressed my body closer to his. In all my protest I wound my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. The kiss which started off slow and sweet became passion filled and heated rather quickly. I was so into it. "Vincent we can't do this" I said after pulling away.

"Why not?"

"Why not? You're my boss that's why not, it's not right."

"Who's to say what's not right."

"Me, I say what's not right."

"Dolcezza..."

"No I have to go."

"I want you Zara and I always get what I want love."

I hurried out the bathroom and back to my seat, just as the waiter was bringing the food.

"I thought you got lost, I was about to come looking for you."

"Sorry it was a long line."

"Did you have an allergic reaction to something?"

"Huh, why what happened?"

"Well because you lips look like they are a little swollen."

I put my hand to my mouth. "Oh. It could be something in the food." I said. I was not about to tell him I just kissed Vincent in the bathroom. I could feel Vince staring at me and I couldn't look at him.

"Damn him." I whispered under my breath.

"Did you say something?"

"No what were you saying Michael?" I couldn't pay attention the rest of the night. When I got home I was still thinking about Vince and that kiss.

---------------------

I know the chapter is kind of short. Comment and let me know what you think.

© 2014 Mahogany Rain All rights reserved