Chapter 3

"I would love to be your secret girlfriend." I said giggling like a twelve year old talking to her crush.

"That's good." He kissed me again and pulled me up. "Come on, lets go inside." We walked inside and went to sit down in the living room. We sat there for a while, not really saying anything. I was leaning against Alex, his arm around me.

"How are we gonna hide this? I mean, now that you're mine, I don't think I'll be able to keep my hands off of you."

"I know. It's gonna be really hard. We can't be too close, but if we stay away from each other people are going to get suspicious." I sighed, feeling myself tear up again. 

"Well, I guess Tay knows what happened this morning?"

"Yeah, I told her. Do you mind?"

"Of course I don't." He kissed the top of my head, making me smile like an idiot.

"Well, she knew I was going to talk to you now, which is why she left us in the house for a couple of hours." 

"I had a feeling she knew. And, Jess?"

"Yeah?" I asked looking up at him.

"Do you mind if I..." He trailed off.

"You tell Jack? Well he would have found out one way or another. But it's going to be good that we have people to talk to about us." He looked thoughtful for a second but agreed.

"Come on." I said grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the basement.

 "I think I like where this is going." Alex winked at me suggestively. I slapped his arm but laughed despite of myself.

"Nothing like that. I want to sing, and since I can't play guitar, you're going to have to play."

"Okay. Do you want to start with Remembering Sunday?"

I nodded and grabbed two chairs and Alex's guitar and set them up behind the mic. He started playing Remembering Sunday. I loved this song. Deffinately one of my favourites.

We sang through the song, my eyes never leaving Alex. The way he closed his eyes, getting lost in the music. The way he held his guitar. When the song had finished he kissed my cheek.

"You really are amazing."

"At singing?" I asked. I'm not amazing. Far from it, actually.

"At everything." I blushed and started smiling. I hate having the spotlight shining on me.

"What song next?" I asked changing the subject. Alex chuckled and shook his head but smiled nonetheless.

"How about A Daydream Away? You can sing, I'll play guitar."

"Yeah, I love that song. Honestly, it's one of your best."

"That's good then." He started playing the intro, and I came in with the lyrics.

I wish you could see your face right now,
'cause you're grinning like a fool.
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor,
on a Tuesday afternoon.

I continued to sing the song, my eyes never leaving Alex. I couldn't help but wonder who this song was written about? Someone we knew? Someone we didn't know?

"Jess are you alright?"

"Hmm?"

"You stopped singing..."

"Did I? Oh, yeah, yeah I'm fine."

"Come on, lets go watch T.V. I think you need a break." We walked up to the living room and sat on the sofa, watching some old black and white movie for a while. It was nice, just the two of us. Nothing to hide and nothing to prove. But what happened next caught me completely off gaurd.