Chapter Sixteen

My Girl

Chapter Sixteen

"Mom!" I heard Cora scream as he looked at a wolf. "Lo-look at the wolf!"

I smiled and nodded. We made it to the zoo with no trouble at all. Finn had like a personal GPS in his brain so he knew exactly where we were going. We are at the wolf exhibit. The animal seemed to look at Finn warily as he claimed me by the waist and watched Cora.

I was about to walk to Cora but I heard my name being called, startling me. I turned and saw the last person I ever thought I would ever see again before my eyes. Brad stood with a women by the waist with a bright smile on his face.

I tensed and felt tears come to my eyes. I heard Cora start her way over to Brad but I held her by the shoulder and pushed her behind me. Brad looked at me hurt as the women examined me with eyes that held jealousy.

"Brad," I said with a distaste towards him.

My heart began to break as I remembered how he left me when I could have died. I gripped my cane with a firm hand and glanced at Finn who didn't look happy.

"Sam," he stepped towards me like he was about to hug me.

I stepped away and shook my head. I didn't want him to ruin this moment. I came here in memory of my parents he shouldn't be here.

"Sam-" he stopped himself before he could say more.

"I hope for the sake of both of us, you leave," I sneered in a hard voice.

I broke away from Finn and hobbled my way with Cora beside me. She looked at me confused but I only smiled as Finn picked her up and placed her on his shoulders. She giggled as she gripped his hands that had flattened on her small thighs.

"Let's go visit the monkeys since this little one is," Finn poked at Cora.

"I am not!" she argued.

I forced a smile without looking back at Brad. A hand was placed on my shoulder preventing me from moving. I knew it was Brad and ripped it away from him.

"Don't you ever touch me again," I spat in a low voice.

Brad stepped back so a good three feet were between us. I was glad that he moved away so he was out of my reach of hitting him with my cane.

"I am not leaving without talking with you," he stood his ground.

"Well I don't have to listen because I am tired of hearing your bullshit," I said evenly. "You hurt me you fucking asshole. You left me alone at the hospital. I could have died!"

I kept my voice low as I saw the woman behind Brad stiffen and peek around his shoulder at me.

He left me for another girl. I was hurt by that. We had just declared our relationship and he leaves to bring back another girl? That is just low. Even for Brad.

"Sam-" he tried but I stopped him.

"Don't call me Sam," I interjected. "It reminds me of how we used to be friends."

His breath shook as he leaned against the women. She was beautiful. She had short brown hair with red highlights that made her complexion glowing like. Her eyes were a bright hazel as her figure was thin and perfect. She was stunning and made me tear up as she smiled towards me.

A cold shiver ran through my body as I noticed just how big of a bitch I was being. She was beautiful and seemed nice, unlike me.

"If you dare hurt her like you did me, I will kill you," I whispered as I shifted my gaze to Brad.