We Arrive In Time For Our Brother's Birthday

(AN Picture is of Onnie)

Melanie's POV

Tristan and Markus' Mum lead us to the door, knocking on it twice before opening it and beckoning us inside. She closed the door behind us and left Ica and I completely and utterly alone. Thanks a lot Tristan and Markus' Mum.

The room we were now standing in was massive and extremely messy. There was a huge mahogany desk in the centre of the circular room. The floor was made of black and white marble that seemed to swirl around across the floor as if in an endless battle. The walls were covered in shelves filled with hundreds and hundreds of books. There was so many that there were towers of books stacked around the room, just so there was enough space for them all. The ceiling depicted the night sky, with twinkling stars and a softly glowing moon. There were candles and oil lamps scattered around the room, which put me slightly on edge, as there were thousands of papers littered on pretty much every surface available. The lights gave out a small, warm glow and there was a huge fire place, in the middle of the room, which allowed the room to have a homely and cozy feel about it.

"Um, hi," Ica broke the silence, like always. Sometimes she needs to realise when she should shut up. There was no reply from anywhere until and little boy ran out of the fireplace.

Wait...

Hang on a second...

A BOY JUST RAN OUT OF A FIRE PLACE!!! WHAT ON EARTH?!

Behind him a middle aged man also walked out of the flames. Ica and I exchanged a startled look, before turning back to the two people.

"Daddy," said the little boy, with surprisingly good fluency, since he looked about four years old, "Are these girls Ica and Melanie?"

"Yes," replied the man, smiling at his son, "This is Melanie," he gestured towards me, "And this is Ica," he pointed at Ica.

"Yay!" Cried the little boy, running forward and grabbing my legs, "My sisters are here for my birthday!"

"It's your birthday?" Ica asked surprised.

"You're our brother?!" I shouted, slightly more worried about this that Ica, which was weird, since normally Ica is the one who overreacts about everything.

"Yes he is," Ica told me, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Keep up."

"Wait," I said, suddenly realising something, "You knew about this!"

"Yes," Ica replied in an exasperated tone. She's so annoying sometimes. Wait. Scratch that, all the time.

"How come you didn't tell me?," I asked, pausing for a second, "And how did you even know?"

"Long story," she started, "I basically am getting these dreams of flash backs of our past life, you and Tristan are going out by the way, so don't worry you can be happy," Queue me glaring at her, "I had this one dream of this boy being our brother, and that man being our Dad," she pointed towards the two other people in the room, "Isn't that right Dad."

"Yes my daughter," the man said stepping forward to us, "And you are also right about that being your little brother, Onnie."

I took this as a once in a life time opportunity to study the man - sorry – my Dad. He had brown hair and crystal blue eyes, which resembled Ica and mine, he was tall and was solidly built, his skin was pale and his smile was sort of creepy. My brother was basically a mini version of him, except without blue eyes. Instead he had our Mum's warm hazel eyes and he seemed really excited.

"Happy birthday," I said, smiling warmly at him and lifting him up, he was surprisingly heavy, but I managed not to drop him "How old are you now?"

 "Three thousand, four hundred and seventy six," he stated giving us a toothy grin. Ica and I simply stood there looking at him with our mouth open. I mean, it's not very often, what looks like a four year old tells, you that he's actually three thousand, four hundred and seventy six, especially when that boy is supposed to be your younger brother.

"How, on earth is he," Ica gestured towards the little boy in my arms, happily playing with a bit of my hair, "Three thousand, four hundred and seventy six, he looks around four years old for crying out loud!"

"Ah I will explain all that in a minute, Ica," he waved his hand over towards the desk and two comfortable red armchairs appeared on one side of the desk and a black leather armchair on the other end. Ica and I made our way over to the armchairs, my brother refused to move away from me and simply sat in my lap poking my head happily and sometimes bouncing up and down in excitement.

"So I suppose there's a lot that you want to know-" My Dad started, but was soon cut off by my loud mouthed sister.

"Why did you call our brother Sonny?" she asked, curiously.

"What?" Dad asked, looking completely and utterly confused. Ica has that sort of effect on people.

"What did you call our brother Sonny?" she repeated, "I mean, are you like obsessed with technology or something, because I mean Sonny isn't a very common name..." she trailed off.

"What is Sonny?" our Dad asked. Ica was confusing him already, and he had only met her about seven to ten minutes ago. Yeah, she can come across a little strong, but once you get to know her... What am I saying, she always comes across very strong.

"Sonny, you know the company that make like TVs and stuff," I replied, trying to help out my poor bewildered Father.

"Oh Sonny!" he exclaimed suddenly realising. He began to chuckle softly and Sonny/my brother soon joined in.

"Silly big sister," he giggled, poking her cheeks, which made me stifle a laugh, "I'm called Onnie!" Ica blushed and scowled at me when I started to laugh properly, not bothering to hide it anymore, her face was just too funny.

"Now that we've cleared that up," Dad smiled, "I'm going to answer your questions..."