Flying Mutant Ninja Pigs

Ica's POV

It turns out that Melanie didn't know the Wifi passcode.

And she wasn't too pleased to be asked.

Anyway, I ran forward and hugged her, screaming, "YOU'RE NOT A PILE OF MELANIE MUSH AND I CAN STILL EAT PRINGLES!"

She stared at me like I was mad, which is kind of understandable, really.

"Ica." She began calmly. "What. The hell. Was that for?"

"No idea." I scrambled up the ladder and slumped onto the top bunk. "I've bagsed this one."

"What?!" She protested. "Surely I get first dibs, because..."

"Because what? You're the oldest?"

"Erm, yes?"

"Well, I got here first." I started squiggling around, to make it clear that this bed was my turf. "it's not MY fault that somebody took over twenty-four hours to make a journey that I made in approximately two seconds."

"But you didn't go via the freakin' middle of South Africa!"

I smiled. "My point exactly. Anyway, I've already packed everything. I've got this bed, the chest of drawers on the left and the left side of the wardrobe. Also," I added, "The top towel rail. And the desk on the right."

She stared at me. "Why not the left desk to make it easier to remember?"

"Because the right one is bigger."

She eyed my suitcase, shoved under the bunk beds. "How come you've got all your stuff?"

"Because, unlike you, I PLANNED AHEAD and brought my bike plus a suitcase crammed full of stuff. Yes sister dear, BEHOLD MY AWESOMENESS."

I watched her simmer. Without wifi, I had no source of entertainment other than my sister.

See Chapter I of my book, 'A Guide To Annoying Melanie Rosler' in the section entitled 'Motives'.

"Melanie," I asked, "What's the wifi password?"

She sighed. "Ica, why would I know?"

"Melanie. What's the wifi password?"

"I just told you. I got here five minutes ago. As I have none of my possessions with me, finding out the wifi password is not my priority at the moment."

"Melanie. What's the wifi password?"

"Will you shut up?"

"Melanie. What's the wifi password?"

"Seriously Ica, for the last time, I don't know!"

I groaned like I was frustrated with her. "Urmh."

"Urmh." She mimicked.

"URMH!" I said even louder.

"URMH!" Melanie repeated.

"URMH!" I changed the pitch to a few notes above.

"URMH!"

"URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH!"

"URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH!" I gave my 'urmh's a jazzy rythm.

"URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH URMH!" She gave her's a different one.

Soon, we sort of broke into a song of 'urmh's. We did this for a few minutes, until Melanie shrieked; "WHAT ARE WE DOING?"