× Chapter 5 ×

In the airship

Juno and the others passed the exam and currently was flying through the starry sky on the airship Netero chairman brought with him.

An old man and a tiny green thing were surrounded by the applicants. "Allow me to once again introduce myself formally to the remaining forty-two applicants. I'm Netero, the chairman of this year's Hunter exam selection committee." He once again introduced himself but this time was official.

Following Netero's introduction, the little green thing also introduced himself. "I'm his secretary, Beans."
Netero:"I was actually planning to make my appearance during the exam's final phase but as I'm already here, I'm loving this tension in the air." Netero's eyes slightly narrowed.

'Hmm~ this man isn't that simple. Just the way he looks at this tension alone is intresting.' Pinkette said in his mind.

Juno was sitting by the window quietly observing the crowd near by.
A slight smile with hint of mischief was presented on his pretty little face.

Netero:"So, I'll stick around for the rest of the trip. Ho~ho~ho~" he let's out a light hearted smile.
Beans:"We are scheduled to arrive at our next destination tomorrow at 8 am exactly. You will find dinner waiting for you in the dining hall, you're also welcometo have some rest of course. You're free to do as you wish until we contact you, the evening is yours."

Killua looked at Gon "Hey, let's go and explore the airship." Spikey haired boy smiled as he looked at Killua. "Yeah!"
As the boys were excitedly running, they called out for Juno.
"Oi Juno, you going with us?" Killua asked. "Come on Juno, hurry!" Gon shouted.

"Hai~Hai~ go ahead first, I'll right behind ya" Juno waved off the boys while yawning.
"So much energy, not me tho. All I wanna do is crash." Leorio shrugs into his shoulders while sliding his hands in his pocket.
"Uwaah~ you look shady~" Juno teases with a mischievous grin and takes a few steps back.
"Oi, Juno! You better not let me catch you!" Leorio yells loudly at the boy.

Juno slips behind Kurapika and uses him as shield from Leorio.
"Come out you, brat! Stop hiding!"
Juno laughs and said "you kidding me? Of course I wouldn't, baa~kaa~"
The blond sighs and smacks Leorio on his head, hard.
"Why are you attacking me?!" Leorio shouted Kurapika.
"Pfft~" Juno took this chance to slip away.

Kurapika:"You're being loud. And honestly, all I wanna do is take a nap as well. However, there is still one thing that concerns me."
Leorio stops his tantrums and looked at Kurapika curiously. "Huh? What's up?"
Kurapika and Leorio started moving toward the door as they speak.
"How many more phases are there in the exam?"
Leorio:"hm. They haven't really said that haven't they?"

"As long as I'm doing it, it's average is 5 or 6." Tompa comes into the conversation with a smile.
Leorio made a slightly grieved expression and said "means.. we still have three or four exams to go."
Kurapika also made the same expression but little more accepting and reserved one. "In that case, we should go and rest now, while we can."
The pair turned to the door and started walking away.

A evil glint flashed through Tompa's ever so friendly face.
"Okay, but I'd be careful if I were you."
That caused both Leorio and Kurapika to turn their attention once again to Tompa.
Tompa acted good willed at he started to talk again. "You heard the secretary right? He only told us when we are arriving, he didn't say that the third phase of the exam wasn't going to happen right here on the airship itself, and will be notified. Who knows that will be 8 am or not."

Leorio:"Hold on!? Are you serious?!"
Kurapika:"I guess that would make sense."
Tompa:"You might wake up and find out that the exam already took place and you slept right through it. If you wanna get to the next phase, you better not let your guard down even up here, understand?"