× Chapter 3 ×

Gourmet hunters?

"Hmm~ most of them made it until here, huh? 368 out of 404... there is still many" Juno exclaimed out loud.

"Hm? You counted their numbers?" Gon looked at Juno and asked.
Juno nodded "well yeah, since there is nothing else to do... mmm we're gonna loose quite amount of participants here... probably."
Killua:"What makes you say that?"

Juno:"mmm, gut feeling?" He smiled at the younger boy and then looked forward.
Killua just hummed and also looked forward.
Gon:"the fog is getting thicker."
Juno:"Yeah, I can't see the way clearly... I don't like it~" he let out a little protest.

Killua seemed to sense something "Gon, Juno" he said as he picked his pace up.
Juno:"hmm?~"
"Let's move forward." Killua said.
Gon nodded and commented "Okay, we don't want to lose the sight of examiner."
Killua:"More than that, I'm more concerned to increase the distance between us and Hisoka. Staying too close to him is dangerous. I can smell it in the air."

Gon:"Smell?" He closed his eyes and tried to rake in the smell. "Hmm... really? I don't think he smells.... Kurapika! Leorio! Killua said we should move up."
Killua:" ah... Oi, can't you feel the tension surrounding us?" He sighs at his friend.

Juno lightly laughed and said "ma~mah~ it's one of his charms~ haha" Gon smiled in an embarrassed manner.
Killua just looked at Juno weirdly "You know, you say weird things."
Juno:"hmm, that's good."

"Idiot! I would've already been there if I could!" Leorio shouted in response to Gon. "Don't worry about us! You guys go ahead!" Kurapika then shouted as well.

"Ehh??" Gon said in a disappointed tone. "Gon, come on. Killua's gonna go." Juno said as he pulled the boy further away.
Gon looked at Killua and exclaimed him to wait for him. "Ah! Wait!"

...

"Ah... I got lost." Juno said as he ran in the fog alone. He still kept his cool and ran forward. 'Hmm... this is a problem.' He thought.

"Since my luck is good these days, I'll just keep running. Hopefully I won't die." The pinkette laughed a little.
'Ah.. that was a little creepy.' He thought as he closed his mouth.
'Never again... hehe...'

...

After a while of running alone, Juno finally heard something running near by. "Is that human?" He questioned as he looked at the shadow with in the smoke.
'Hmm... maybe not, it has a weird shape.' Juno thought and kept his distance for a while until a familiar voice was heard.

"Mm... I get you... for that... you brats..." said the voice, half mummbling and not very clear.
'This voice.. Leorio?' Juno widened his eyes for a moment.
"This could be a trick... but I can't help it~" Juno sprinted carefully to the shadow. 'I'm too curious to let it go~'

As he came near the shadow, he smelled the same perfumes that was on Leorio. "Oh? Jackpot~?" The pinkette smiled and came near it.
As he thought, it was Leorio.
But, he was unconscious and was resting on someone's shoulder.
Who? Of course, it's the famous magician.

Juno kept his pace same as the magician and followed behind him.
Hisoka noticed the boy long time ago and just kept quiet until he came near enough.
Hisoka opened his mouth and asked "Are you Lost, Little boy?~"
Juno kept his carefree tone and answered. "Was lost but not anymore, I suppose."
Hisoka looked at the boy "hmm~ oh? How so?"
Juno:"You seem like you know your way to the next Phase. Don't mind me joining you." He grinned at the clown.

Hisoka just smiled in an amused manner and looked forward.
Juno stared at the older male and asked "Ne, what happened to the guy on your back?"
Hisoka spared a glance at him for second and ignored the question.