× Chapter 2 ×

Phase One, part.1

"Ar~ee this start is more boring than i had thought~!"
Juno said to himself in a pouting, disappointed tone as he ran.

He glanced at Satotz. "We've been running for few hours now but he still looks like he's just walking. Satotz is probably gonna pick up the pace soon." He said and shifted his eyes to the three he had spotted before.
"Mm... maybe it's a good time to make some friends~"

Juno lightly jogged up to the three and before he could start talking, another kid came out skating.
'Hmm?' Juno looked at the bunch and a smile streched on his face. 'They're pretty cute up close huh~ makes it better~'

Suddenly the middle aged looking tall man yelled at the skating boy.
"Hey, wait up, kid!"
The white haired boy just spared him a side glance. "Hmm?"

The older guy yelled again, saying "You should show the Hunter exam some respect!"
The boy just looked a little confused and responded. "What do you mean?"
The older guy angrily shouted "why are you using skateboard? That's cheating!"
The boy simply replied with "why?"
"This is an endurance test!" The tall guy responded.

'All this shouting, doesn't his voice hurt?' Juno thought. He was currently jogging next to Gon.
"No, it isn't" the boy wearing green said.
The older guy again, yelled "huh?! Gon! What are you saying?!"

The boy in green calmly responded "the examiner only told us to follow him."
The tall guy, seemed pissed but still kinda looked funny. "Whose side are you on, eh?!" Poor guy yelled out loud but got ignored as the white haired boy skated up to Gon and Juno.

"Ne, how old are you?" The skating boy asked.
"I'm twelve years old." The green boy said. The white haired boy did a skateboard trick and started running along side and said "I guess I'll run too."
"Ooh~ that's cool!" The other boy cheered.
"I'm Killua." the white haired boy introduced himself.
"I'm Gon!" The other boy did as well.
"And I'm Juno!" Said the pinkette, very naturally going into the conversation and popped in between the two boys with a cheerful grin on his face.

The two boys eyes immediately shifted to Juno. "Eh... where did you come from?" Killua said as he eyes the slighty taller male.
"Mm.. out of nowhere for this case~?" Juno said as he sent a smile in Killua's way. "What's with that? Haha" Gon said and laughed a little.
Juno just smiled at the boy and kept quiet.

'Hm? Ar~e what's that dying pig like sound coming from?' Juno thought curiously but still kept running with Gon and Killua. 'Mah~ whatever. I should just ignore it~'
That sound was from no other than the so smart Nicholas, having a breakdown from the so called cruel comments of the three brothers.

"Hmm~ Oi, Gon, your friend back there seems beaten out? Is that okay?" Juno said while humming at Gon.
'Ot-tto, Gon dropped the pace' Juno said in his head and slowed down with the boys.
"Hey, forget him. Let's get going." Said Killua.
"Eh~ that's cold" Juno commented while still keeping his carefree grin.
"You don't seem to care either." Killua said as he looked at Leorio.

"But I didn't show it so evidently, right?" Juno laughed a little at Killua, not hiding the fact that he was thinking that they should leave the guy too.
Gon just kept staring at the worn out guy with a serious face and Killua and Juno just stood there, waiting for Gon.

"Screw that... I'm gonna become a hunter! Danm it all!!" The man suddenly charged and ran past the three in full of energy. "Orrr-aaaaaa!!!" He shouted and passed few more participants.

'Well that's a sudden swing.' Juno thought and looked at the other two boy. Gon just smiled at the running man and took out his fishing pole and fished(?) Leorio's forgotten bag.
"Cool!" Killua said cheerfully.
"Hmm~ let me try it next time" Juno said as he started jogging.
"Me too" Killua followed up.
"If you let me try your skateboard, okay?" Gon said.