Chapter 2

I spat out the mouth wash and turned on the faucet, splashing my face with cold water. It had been at least four or five weeks since I had seen Onyx, and I was still crying every night. I had also been sick a lot lately. I was always either in the bathroom, bed, or kitchen. I knew why I was sick; I had found out last week after I decided to stop procrastinating on taking a pregnancy test. Abby and I headed to the pharmacy during school. I had gotten sick again, and we didn't want my parents to be there when I took it. They might start asking questions about when their daughter started having sex, and I didn't want to answer anything at the time.

I cried when I found out, but there wasn't anything I could do so I sucked it up and told my parents what was going on yesterday. They were disappointed, not at the fact that I was pregnant because they said they were reckless when they first met too, but more so at the fact that my mate didn't want anything to do with me. I knew my parents and friends would support me in this so I wasn't too worried about that, but I was nervous to know what Onyx would say when he found out. My parents made me promise to go and tell him today so I was a lot sicker today now that my nerves were setting in.

Craig offered to go with me since it was a half hour drive from our pack to Onyx's, but I declined knowing he wanted to beat Onyx till he bled from the eyes. I didn't want anyone fighting or getting hurt. It was already too late for that though; Onyx had hurt me. I knew now why Craig gave him that look the night of the party, it was a warning. Craig had warned all his friends that, there would be serious damage done if any of them did something to hurt Abby and I. Onyx didn't take him seriously, and I had to constantly ask Craig not to do anything rash.

I looked up in the mirror, staring at my reflection. My eyes were red and puffy like they had been since the night Onyx walked out on me, and my short black hair clung to my face from all the hormones. One minute, I was hot the next, I was cold. I had been eating a lot more so my face had gotten fatter, and I think I had gained a pound or two. My feet and boobs were already hurting, and my head was pounding. I groaned and pulled off my clothes hopping into the shower. I wouldn't start showing till a few more weeks and for that, I was grateful.

I softly touched my lips thinking of how Onyx's felt against mine. A tear slipped from my eye, and I lightly shook my head clearing away all my thoughts. I cleaned my body carefully making sure I didn't feel hot and sticky anymore. Vomiting can take so much out of you. I sighed letting the hot water pelt me before I stepped out of the shower grabbing a towel to wrap around me. I walked into my room and over to the closet. I pulled out some black yoga pants that I would feel comfortable in and a purple t-shirt with some purple flats. Pulling my hair up into a ponytail, I grabbed my keys and phone heading to the door.

The ride to Onyx's territory was quiet, I didn't want to listen to any music. I was too anxious. I wanted to know if my mate would accept me now that I was having his child. He had to, right? We could be a family. I would have to leave my family, but that would be okay because it was only a half hour drive away, and I would still get to see them. I imagined all sorts of family things 'til I pulled up at his pack house. Onyx was just walking out with all his friends from the party and a few that I didn't recognize.

I swallowed and with a deep breath stepped out of the car. Onyx's eyes flashed over to me along with everyone else's. He stared at me with his electric blue eyes seeming to glow. His hair had gotten a little longer since I'd last seen him. He was wearing a tight white t-shirt and some loose-hanging gray sweatpants. He stared at me a little while longer then he finally composed himself. I could hear his friends whistle and say how hot I was. Onyx growled at them and began walking over to me, his body tense.

"What are you doing here?" He snapped, coming to a stop in front of me.

"I... we-we need to talk." I told him, my hopes decreasing immediately at his harsh voice.