Chapter 14

I had no idea what to think at this point. Why would this lady be trying to kill my kids? Was it because of me? Had I done something? Because I knew for a fact that a five-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl didn't piss off a grown ass woman so bad to make her physically hurt them. Plus, she didn't even know them, or me for that matter. There had to be some kind of explanation.

"It's because of me, isn't it?" Onyx asked. I glanced to him confused as we sat around the living room. He was looking at Eddie.

Eddie dropped his head in his hands. "I don't know. It's possible, she was always jealous when it came to you. When was the last time you talked to her?"

Onyx thought for a second, "About three weeks ago, she came to my pack. She was talking about how she loved me and wanted us to get back together."

Eddie groaned, "Then yes. She wants you, and she'll do whatever it takes to get you, no matter who she has to go through. She's a cold hearted, relentless bitch, and it's nowhere near over."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked softly.

"I mean, she's not gonna stop until she kills you." Eddie stated gravely.

My eyes widen and my eyebrow raise in both surprise and shock. "What?"

"Why would she want to kill, Lizseth? She doesn't even know her." Jalleth put in.

Eddie shook his head. "That doesn't matter, nothing matters to her. She always has to get what she wants and she will get it at any cause. Lizseth is a threat, she's in the way of Julia getting what she wants."

"So, we'll just give her what she wants," Onyx said. "I'll go back to her." He would do that? For me? Why? I didn't even want to be with him, but he would do this to save my life?

Eddie shook his head. "It won't work. She knows something, judging by what lengths she went to. She must think you and Lizseth are together. If that's what she thinks, she is going to get rid of Lizseth even if you do go back to her. She won't want anything getting in her way for future purposes."

"So, the bitch is psycho? Great." Abby mutters then looks at Eddie regretfully. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you by talking about your-"

"SHE'S NOT..." He trails off as he sees a hurt look flash across Abby's face. Lowering his voice, he said, "Sorry, but she's not my sister. Don't call her that, please."

Abby nodded and he placed his arm around her, pulling her close. "I'm sorry."

She smiled softly and pecked his lips, "It's okay."

Just then Sakimo came running into the room. His eyes found mine instantly, and he breathed a sigh of relief. He paused mid-step as his eyes roamed the room. I didn't have to guess who he was looking at because the tension of his body told me everything. His jaw twitched, and he looked to me. I smiled and waved him over to me.

It's okay, I whispered through our link.

He frowned confused, but made this way over and sat next to me. "What's going on?"

"We have to kill Julia." Eddie said.

"What?" Almost everyone in the room said.

Eddie clenched his jaw. "We have to kill her before she gets to Lizseth. You don't know the type of things she is capable of and I'm not gonna let her hurt anyone else. I should've did it a long time ago."

"Wait," Kimo said, a deep frown covering his features. "Who is Julia, and why is she after Lizseth?"

Everyone pitched in to fill him in on the whole situation. I honestly didn't want anyone to get killed, but if it came to the safety of my kids, then I was all for it. I was not about to let this lady hurt my children or anyone else in my family for that matter.

"How do we find her?" Mike asked.

"I think I can handle that one." Onyx said.

I frowned, "How?"

He shrugged. "I could call her and tell her to meet me somewhere."

"Would she do it?" Doris asked.

"I don't know, I hope so." Onyx answered honestly.

I sighed, "Alright, so how do we do this?"

+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+

Onyx's POV

The last time I'd spoken to Julia it hadn't been pretty. She was pissed and so was I. She appears, out of nowhere, after five years of us not speaking to or seeing each other and wants to get back together? She left me and then all of a sudden decides that she wants to be with me again? There was no way I was falling for her trap, not again. I didn't want her or need her in my life. Now, she's threatening the life of my mate. I had no choice, but to talk to her. Lizseth and I might not be together, but she would always be my mate, and I would always be there to come to her rescue. Julia had no right to be mad about anything that went on in my life. She didn't have to go after Lizseth's daughter. She chose to do those things and for that she needed to be punished. I knew she had done some horrible things over the years, but I never believed she would try to kill children. She deserved to burn in hell.

I sighed as I stood up and walked into the hall. I pulled out my phone and scrolled down my call log till I reached her number. My jaws clenched in anger, and I took a deep breath trying to calm myself. If she heard that I was angry then she would know something was up. I couldn't risk that.

I pressed call and waited as the phone rang.

One...

Two...

Three... "Well, hello sweetie."

"Julia," I said. Her voice sounded sexy as it always did, but now it wasn't a turn on like it used to be. Now it just disgusted me. What was wrong with me back then? Maybe it was just the teenage hormones. Yeah, I'm just gonna go with that.

"You know, I tried to call you the other day, but you ignored it so now I'm curious as to why you're calling me." I could picture her inspecting her nails as she held the phone between her shoulder and ear.

I swallowed, pushing down my anger before answering her. "I wanted to apologized for the way I've been acting and to make up for it. I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me then maybe we could talk."

"Go out where?" She asked.

"Do you want me to come to you, or are you going to come to me?" I asked. I didn't want her to know I knew she was in town.

"I'll come to you." I could hear the smirk in her voice.

"I'm- "

She interrupted. "I know where you are."

"Great. There's an Italian restaurant in town you could meet me there, tomorrow." I told her.

"Is seven okay with you?" She asked. "I don't want to mess up your plans or anything."

"Seven is great." I practically grinning through the phone.

"Ok, I'll meet you there."

"Ok."

"Goodbye, love."

I hung up the phone and walked back into the living room with everyone else. I knew they had heard everything.

"It's done."