Chapter 10

This was probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. I never thought this day would come. The day I had to say goodbye to one of my kids. I had to leave my daughter behind because of him. I felt horrible, and the mood was only souring by the second. The air around us was so tense you could practically see it. Onyx had just arrived, and it was time to say goodbye. I knew my family wanted to hurt him, but they couldn't. I'd made them promise to be good because we didn't need to fight in front of the kids. Brylane would be crushed if something happened to his father. This day was already bad, and we didn't need matters to get worse. I had already said goodbye to my whole family and pack. The only one left was Kaisigni, and it was the goodbye that I dread the most.

After all the bags were loaded, I slowly walked over to where Kaisigni stood next to Sakimo and squatted down to her height. I smoothed her hair down and pulled her to me. "Kaisigni, you know mommy loves you, right?"

She pulled back, a little frown on her face. "Yes, mamma."

I sniffed, trying to be strong. "Okay, well mama has to go away for a while, and I can't take you with me sweetie."

"Why not, mommy?" She questioned.

"Because I want you to stay with your daddy." I wiped my face and kissed her forehead.

She tilted her head. "You coming back, mommy?"

I nodded, "Yes, baby. I'll come see you every day, okay?"

She nodded still frowning and hugged me. "Bye, mamma. I love you."

My heart crumbled in my chest, and I sobbed. "I love you, too, honey."

I continued to hold her till I heard another voice. "Mommy? Why are you crying?"

I shook my head and pulled away. "I'm fine. Come say goodbye to your sister."

He frowned. "Why?"

"We, uh have to go away with your daddy for a while and Kaisigni has to stay here." I answered as honest as I could to a five-year-old.

"But Kaisigni can come, too." He said. I shook my head.

"No, baby. She can't."

He frowned. "Why, mommy?"

"Because she has to stay with your da- uh, Kimo." I gently pushed him forward. "Tell her goodbye."

He shook his head. "Daddy's not coming either?"

"No, sweetie. Just me and you."

"Why?"

"Brylane do as your mother says." I glanced up as Kimo spoke. He didn't look at me even though I knew he could feel my eyes on him.

Although he still pouted, he did as Kimo said. I knew he was confused, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. He turned to her and gave Kaisigni a hug. "I'll see you later, Kais."

"Okay, see you later, Bry." She smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He pulled away and looked up to Sakimo. "I'll see you later, too, daddy."

Kimo smiled though it didn't reach his eyes. "Be good for your mom, okay, kiddo? I love you."

"I love you, daddy." He hugged him and pulled away.

I stood up, taking his hand. It was time to go. I looked up to Sakimo, and he was stared back finally looking at me. I choked back a sob and smiled. He smiled back, but his eyes were screaming at me that it was fake.

I love you, I whisper in our mind link.

He searched my eyes for a second before replying. I love you too.