14. Ex

Jacklynn's POV

"W-What are you doing here?" I said, throwing a hand over my mouth. "I missed you, I needed to see you." he said, taking a step towards me with his arms out in front of him. "Stay away from me!" I yelled, taking two steps back. "If you wanted to see me you could have easily looked at a magazine or newspaper." I spat at him. I hated him, even more the fact that he was in the same building as me. "I kept seeing you everywhere I went, I wanted to talk to you." he shook his head, "I called your mom and she gave me Niall's number." That fucking bitch. "He helped fly me out here to talk to you." How could he do this to me? I thought he wanted to protect me from getting hurt. If he really wanted that why would he let Nate come near me? "What did you tell him to let you come here? I told him about you before, he would never let you come near me unless you lied to him." I shook my head in disbelief. "I told him the truth, that I have changed and I wanted to talk to you about the past." He tried to be convincing, but after knowing him since I was 9, I can easily tell when he is lying. "Bullshit. That's bullshit and I know it!" I screamed at him, just wanting to get out of here as soon as possible. "Fine." he gave out an angry groan, "I told him I was you're best friend. Which in a way is true." "It was true. When we were 13." I corrected, tears beginning to blur my vision. He took two steps closer to me, I stepped back only to hit my back to the wall. Shit. "Look, Jackie." He got closer. "You are going to take me back." he said with his teeth clenched. "Never." I said, disgust and venom easy to hear.

I saw the door open behind him when I felt something hard go across my face. I fell to the floor, unable to hear anything except a loud, high-pitched dinging in my ears. I shakily pushed myself off the ground, looking back to Nate, only to find him getting punched in the face and stumbling into the wall where I was a few seconds ago. I stared shocked at Luke as he ran towards me, saying something that I couldn't hear. He kept talking and was trying to get me on my feet as I looked over to Nate, to see him standing back up. He looked pissed, not a surprise, but I knew that he wasn't going to leave without getting back at one of us. "Luke get out of here!" I yelled, pushing him to the door. I didn't want him to get hurt.

This wasn't the first time he hit me, I could handle it. I don't want Luke getting a broken bone trying to protect me. He was yelling, I could tell, but I kept pushing him to the door. Luke needs to be safe, he can't get hurt. I almost got him to the door when I felt Nate grab my shoulder, throwing me backwards onto the floor. Suddenly, everything went black.

---

Luke's POV

"Jacklynn!" I screamed, watching her body fall to the floor. I looked back at the man who I wanted to kill right on the spot. He looked terrified as he stared at Jacklynn on the floor, frozen in his spot. "What is your fucking problem?!" I screamed at him, pushing him into the wall as I hurried to Jackie. I turned her onto her back, only to find her unconscious. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt h-" he began to quickly say, voice shaking as I looked at Jacklynn's face. She had a dark red handprint on her cheek from when he slapped her when I walked in. "Get out." I said loudly, "Before I call the police. Get the fuck out." I turned to him angrily. He nodded quickly and ran out of the room. I'm going to report him, but Jacklynn is more important right now.

-

Jacklynn woke up after thirty minutes, she didn't remember what happened. After I told her she started crying, sobbing. I hugged her as she told me everything, all about her abusive relationship with him. They started dating when they were 14, and he started hurting her a few weeks after she turned 15. She broke up with him a few months ago, right before she flew away to find her birth parents and Niall.

Niall came in when she finished telling me, he was pissed. He was so angry and guilty. He blamed himself for everything after I told him and ended up running out of the room to call security and the police.

"Luke?" Jackie asked, looking up to me. Her head was rested on my lap, her hands playing with one of mine while my other was playing with her hair. We've been quiet since Niall left, which was a few minutes ago. "Yeah?" I asked, looking down to her, pulled out of my trance. "What are you thinking about?" she asked, still playing with my fingers. "Stuff." I faintly smiled. 'Stuff' was actually her. She's all I have really been able to think about for a while now if I'm being completely honest. She gave out a big huff of air, pouting. "What kind of stuff?" she whined, squirming a bit. I sighed, smiling a little. "Stuff that makes me happy." She gave me a confused look. "Is it a thing?" she asked, she tilted her head a little. "No." I chuckled, playing with her hair again. "Is it a person?" I nodded, my smile growing. Even the thought of her made me smile, I couldn't help it. She just made me happy all the time. She stayed quiet after that, getting distracted by my hand again.

"You know, we never finished our game of 20 questions," I smirked. "we still have 5 more questions." She smiled, "Yes, yes we do." she laughed. "Would you want to start?" I asked her. She nodded, sitting up. She gave out a long sigh, looking up at the ceiling. "I really have to think about this." she lightly laughed. I nodded, giving her time. "Okay. I got one." she smiled, pulling up her legs as she turned her body to me. "If my brother wasn't around to "protect" me," she used air quotes, "would you be my boyfriend?" she asked, laughing nervously. My eyes widened a little, not expecting that as her question. "Of course, I mean only if you would let me." I said lightly, chuckling a little. "Why wouldn't I?" she asked, smiling and shaking her head. I shrugged, "For all I know you could only want me for my body." I tried to stay serious but only ended up seriously failing. We both ended up laughing in the end.

"Now it is my turn." I smiled, finally able to speak without laughing. She nodded, still giggling to herself. "Okay," I sat up completely straight, looking her in the eyes, "Jacklynn, if I-" I was cut off by the door opening and 3 idiots stumbling through the door. Sadly those 3 idiots were my best friends. "Sorry to intrude, but we need to steal your boyfriend for sound check because he just happens to be our lead singer." Calum ran up to me and began pulling me off the couch. "He isn't my-" Jacklynn tried to speak up but was of course cut off. "Yeah sorry, we didn't mean to ruin our guys' alone time." Ashton said, smirking as he picked up my feet off the couch. "We weren't-" I was cut off. "Your date can resume later." Michael added as he held the door open for them to carry me out. "We weren't on a date!" I screamed out as I was being dragged out of the room. "Yeah right." Calum commented as we were going out the door. I just sighed as they carried me to where I assumed the stage was.

"You guys do realise I can walk myself right?" I asked. "Yeah." they all replied still not putting me down, causing me to sigh again. "I hate this band."

---

I LOVE THIS BAND LOL

VOTE /fan / COMMENT