11. Long Way From The Hotel

Jacklynn's POV

"What is your least favorite feature about yourself?" I asked Luke as we turned a street corner. We were currently both at question 15, and the entire time we have been walking aimlessly. I think we may have gotten ourselves lost, but I didn't want to think about that right now. I don't need to start panicking in the middle of a city I had never been in before.

"Least favorite feature? My nose for sure." he answered, nodding to himself afterwards. "It is really ugly and Michael makes fun of it all the time. I actually trying to convince my mom into letting me get a nose job." I furrowed my eyebrows at his little confession, not understanding how his nose was his least favorite. To be honest, I was expecting his feet because they were huge, or maybe his legs because they are so skinny, but definitely not one of the cutest things about him like his nose.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He looked a little uncomfortable, but I still didn't understand the whole nose thing.

"Why do you hate your nose so much? It is one of the cutest things about you." I said, obviously not thinking before letting the words fall from my mouth. "Its too big and it takes up a lot of my face and- wait did you just call me cute?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at me. He was trying to hide his smirk, but it was obvious that he was failing. "Uh- no." I quickly denied, picking up my pace a little. My cheeks were starting to burn in embarrassment. "Um, I'm pretty sure you just did, Miss Russet." he said with a small chuckle, picking up with my pace easily. Stupid long legged boy. "No, I said that your nose was cute. Not you." I said, trying to hide my blush behind my hair from him. "Ah, but you didn't." he laughed, "You said, and I quote, 'It is one of the cutest things about you.' Emphasis on one." He smirked and I glared at him. "Even if I did say you were cute, why would it matter?" I asked, crossing my arms. I wanted to drop this conversation and go back to finishing the last  5 questions, but I could tell Luke didn't.

"Well, Russet, it doesn't matter." he shrugged, "Unless of course I were to say you were cute as well, but I'm not saying that so it doesn't matter." he smirked, shoving his hands deeper  into his pockets. "Wait, what?" I asked, not understanding what he was saying. He thought I was cute? But he just said he didn't say that so he doesn't think I'm cute.. What?

"It brings me to my next question though." he said, ignoring me, "If, hypothetically, any of the guys including One Direction and and myself were to ask you on a date, who would it be?" he asked. I shook my head, trying make all the questions leave my head and focus on what he was saying right now, but my mind was still cloudy. "That has nothing to do with what you were saying," I sighed, rubbing my forehead, "but, hypothetically, most likely I would choose yo-" I stopped myself, realising what I just almost kinda sorta just said to him. His jaw dropped a little bit as I began to panic. Why did I just almost kinda sorta just seriously say that to him? Maybe he didn't hear it? Who am I kidding, of course he heard it. He wouldn't be staring at me if he didn't. Oh god, what did I just do?

"You would pick me?" he asked, sounding surprised. "I didn't say that." I shook my head furiously, backing away from him. "But you just-" he began, but I quickly cut him off. "No- no I didn't. I didn't say anything. And I think it is time we should go back to the hotel." I said quickly, looking around me. "But Jacklynn-" "Luke, not right now we have a larger problem here" I told him, starting to panic. "Jacklynn, I want to talk about this no-" he persisted, but I really didn't want to talk about it right now. "Luke! Where the fuck are we?!" I yelled, getting him to shut up.

He finally started to look at our surroundings, where we found ourselves in the middle of a neighborhood. Panic started to overtake me, making me want to hurl.

"Uh- I- I don't know." he said, turning on his heels and looking back to where we came from. "Great, just great!" I yelled, throwing my hands up in the air. "What are we supposed to do now?" I asked him, very loudly. "We, uh, we can try going back to where we came from?" he asked, unsure. We took so many turns how would we know how to get out? "This is just wonderful. Wonderful! We are lost in a foreign country when we have have to be back at the hotel before dark!" I yelled, throwing my arms around. I didn't handle these kind of situations very well, if you couldn't already tell.

"Jacklynn," Luke sighed as I kept mumbling casineros to myself, making the situation even worse in my head. "Jackie," Luke tried again after a few seconds. Didn't work. "JACKLYNN LOUISE RUSSET." Luke screamed, finally making my head snap up to him and stop mumbling. He put his hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes. "We will be back before it gets dark and we always have our phones. Don't think of it as us being lost, think of it as we are taking the long way home, okay?" he asked, tilting my chin a little up after I looked down to the ground, making my eyes snap to his again.

I nodded, trying to collect my thoughts, but of course right when I thought I had collected them enough to think straight, Luke had to kiss my forehead. Making all my metaphorical thinking papers fly around the office of my brain. 

---
heheheheh
VOTE and COMMENT