9. Burnt

Jacklynn's POV

As soon as I closed the door after watching Luke walk down the hallway to Michael, I went straight to the bathroom. First I took off the wraps on my thighs, throwing the bloody pieces of toilet paper into the toilet and flushing them away. I nicely wrapped the long pieces of fabric as I examined the scabs and dried blood on my leg. Only a few of them opened from earlier and lucky for me they were barely bleeding.

I took some black towels from my bag out and wet them before dabbing off the dried blood from only hours ago.

I finished cleaning them in only five minutes, and my legs were completely blood free. I changed after that. Harry's Ramones shirt that I stole a while ago, that was way too big for me but who cares? And some black skinny jeans with my worn out converse. I ended up tucking in the front of the shirt into the top of my jeans. I don't think Harry would get mad, I mean I see Louis take his clothes all the time.

I was curling my hair with a curling wand when I heard a knock on my door, which made me jump and almost ended up burning my hand.

"One sec!" I yelled, letting my hair go. I pulled my uncurled hair onto one shoulder and the curled hairs onto the other before going to the door.

"Helloooo." I said as I opened the door to find Luke with a bag in his hands. By himself. "Hey." Luke said, "The guys are gonna be here an a minute or two, they are just grabbing some bags from the car."  He told me, as if he read my mind. "Oh okay. Uh, come in." I told him, opening the door for him. "I'm just curling my hair, it'll take a few minutes." I informed him as he walked through my door with a grin on his face. "Okay." he smiled at me, placing the bag onto the table. I nodded and shut the door before walking to towards the bathroom. "So, what did you get at the store?" I asked him as he tore open the bag and I walked into the bathroom. I could still see him from where I was and I would much rather be talking than just acting as if we weren't in the same room at all.

"Oh, you know, stuff." he chuckled. "I got some snacks and a few drinks in case you changed your mind and wanted anything." he told me, walking towards me with an apple juice bottle and some breakfast bar thing. I smiled and shook my head as he walked into the bathroom and placed the drink and bar onto the counter. He had his own drink as well, orange juice, and a fruit cup. "I told you I didn't want anything, but thank you." I smiled at him through the mirror. "Your welcome." he smiled back.

I thought he was going to go back to the kitchen after I started curling my hair again, but instead he walked to the other side of me and sat on top of the counter. "What are you doing?" I asked him, twisting the end of my hair around the wand and began to count to 10 in my head. "I'm watching you curl your hair while I eat my breakfast." he grinned, opening the lid of his fruit cup. "And why would you want to watch that?" I asked, laughing lightly as I let my hair fall down. I grabbed another piece of hair and began twirling it. "What? Am I not allowed to watch a pretty girl do her hair?" he asked quickly, I almost couldn't tell what he said.

Prettyprettyprettyprettyprettypretty.

I stared at him with wide eyes, losing count on how long my hair was on the wand. Quickly I snapped back into reality when a hot sting hit my finger. I ended up dropping the wand to the floor, almost hitting my toes, as I grabbed onto my hand, hissing loudly as I kneeled on the ground. Luke jumped off the counter, placing his cup on the counter before asking what was wrong and grabbing onto my hands as I groaned in pain.

"I hit my hand on the wand." I said hissing and gripping onto my hand, as if that would make the pain go away. "Here," Luke said as he pulled me up off the ground and sat me on the counter. "I'll be right back with an ice pack." he told me, talking my burnt hand into his. He turned on the faucet to cold and placed my fingers under the running water and I hissed, not liking the feeling at all. "You keep your hand under the water till I get back." he said hurriedly before quickly leaving the bathroom and to the kitchen. I watched as he ran to the refrigerator, opening the freezer and taking out the ice tray. He twisted the tray as he walked to the sink, grabbing a paper towel and his grocery bag. He dumped out the contents of the bag onto the counter before placing all of the ice into to it and tying the top. He put the paper towel on the bottom and shaked it as he speed walked to the bathroom, where he found me smiling like an idiot. He was like a nurse and I found it really cute.

"Here you go, you won't want to take it off but you'll have to every few minutes." he said, taking my hand out of the water and put the homemade ice pack on them. He hadn't made eye contact with me the entire time until after he put the pack on my fingers. He was close, really close. Like six inches away close. We both stayed there for what felt like forever, just staring into each others eyes and admiring each other. Or at least, I was admiring him.

Right when we both started to lean closer, a loud knock came from the door, making both Luke and I's heads turn. It was like a snap back into reality and we both shook our heads, realising where we were. "I-I'll go get it." Luke said quickly and nervously, running out of the bathroom and to the door. While I stayed still on the counter.

What the actual fuck just happened?

---

basically Luke is an awkward penguin who is confident at some points but really doesn't knohow to talk to girls that well

and Jacklynn is like "Luke is preeeeeetty"

(lukeispretty on IG follow me pls)

ah self promotion.

VOTE and COMMENT