2. Home

Jacklyn's POV

“Plane 1A-542 now boarding.” the intercom lady said as Spencer and I broke apart. “I’ll see you in September.” I told her. She nodded. I waved to her before I caught up to my brother and his friends who were boarding the plane. “I’ll miss you!” she yelled. “I’ll miss you too!” I yelled back before entering the plane. Time to go back to America.

---

I woke up with a jolt, nearly being flung onto the back of the seat in front of me. “I see sleeping beauty is finally awake.” Niall laughed. “Oh shut up.” I said before yawning. “Where are we exactly?” I asked, stretching my arms above my head. “We are in New York right now.” Niall said before my eyes nearly shot out of my head. I quickly went over him, flinging myself to the window. “Home.” I said, smile on my face.

---

“Can we please go here first!” yelled at the older boys. They were all fighting over were to go first. “That is a hotdog place.” Louis said after looking at where my finger was pointed on the map. “I know, but it is the best hotdog place here...” I said, rubbing my arm. I didn’t want to admit the real reason why I was here. “Oh really now.” Liam said, crossing his arms. “Ya!” I said, trying to sound convincing. “How would you know that?” Harry asked, raising an eyebrow. “Oh, um...” I said, looking down. I had never told them where I exactly lived. I had only told them that I had come from America. Though, Niall knew I lived in New York. “Is that were..” Niall began to ask, but left it blank. I nodded, knowing I could fully trust him. “Let’s go guys!The plane food was terrible anyways.” Niall said smiling. “Okay fine, but then we HAVE TO go to the Empire State Building again!” Louis told us. “Fine, fine. LET’S GO!” I said.

We walked into the old hot dog place. It still smelled the same as when I grew up. Barbecue sauce and raw meat. I smiled as old memories flew around in my brain. They all faded away as a woman with light hair and pale skin walked out from the back of the shop to the ordering desk. She was looking at her hands as she walked, wiping them with a rag. She had very few white hairs, meaning she dyed her hair again. “Hello-” the woman started as she looked up. She had cut off her sentence when she had seen me. “Jacklynn.” she whispered. “Mom.” I whispered, tears brimming in my eyes. “Jacklynn!” she said, running out from behind the desk. I opened my arms as she ran to me, wrapping me into a tight hug. “I missed you so much mom.” I said, tucking my head into the side of her neck. “I thought you were never going to come back. I was so scared.” she told me, squeezing me tighter. “I’m sorry.” I told her, giving her one last hug before letting go. She let me go, smiling with a tear going down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away before turning to the boys we had forgotten about. Shock was in all of their faces but Niall’s. He just smiled brightly. “You aren’t going to introduce me to your friends?” she asked. “Oh, uh, this is Harry, Louis, Zayn, Liam..” I told her pausing for a few seconds, “and Niall, my brother.” I said slowly, scared of her reaction. “Oh..” my mom said in complete shock. “Hello boys.” she said quickly. “BRUCE COME OUT YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS TO TAKE ORDERS FROM.” she yelled to the back of the shop. A dark messy haired boy came out, smiling as he saw me. “So sorry boys, but I need to talk to Jacklynn reeeal quick.” she said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me to a staircase.

‘You didn’t fly to Ireland to see your friend. You went to find your birth parents.” my mom stated. “Well, I did see my-” I started, but she cut me off, “But you went to see your birth parents.” she said. I just nodded. She was not in the mood to reason with. “And you went without my permission.” she said. “Well-” “No, I gave you permission to see a friend, not to see your parents.” she told me, looking at me coldly. “I just wanted to meet them!” I yelled, standing up from my spot on the stairs. “I wanted to know were I really came from! I wanted to know why I have the slightest Irish accent! I wanted to know why I had brown hair growing up and you had blonde! I wanted to know if I had an actual family! I wanted to know my birth parents! I just wanted to know.” I said before running down the stairs, leaving my teary eyed mother on the steps. I walked into the shop once again to see all the boys staring at me. I lifted my eyebrows, acting like nothing had just happened. They all went back to eating.

I sighed, walking next to Niall who was at the end of the bar table. “I never knew that.” Niall whispered to me. “How would you? I never told you.” I told him, small smile on my lips. “JACKIE!” I heard I voice yell behind me. I turned around to only be squished into a hug by a dark haired boy. “Bruncie!” I laughed, hugging him back. “I told you to never call me that, but I miss you a lot so you get away with this one.” he chuckled before letting me go. “I missed you big bro.” I laughed. “I missed you too little sis.”

I heard an awkward cough from behind me, making me turn around. It was Niall. "Oh, Bruce, this is my birth brother, Niall." I said with a smile on my face. "Nice to finally meet the family she has been talking about." Bruce said, putting his hand out. "Nice to meet the famous brother." Niall said, shaking Bruce's hand. He had known of my brother, I talked a lot about him when I met my birth family. The rest of the boys were still confused, but I would tell them later.

I saw my mom walk down the stairs, no emotion on her face. "Boys, we should go. Aren't we supposed to be at the airport in an hour?" I asked quickly. We were in fact supposed to be there in an hour, and the airport was thirty minutes away. "Oh shit. We need to go! I want to see the Empire State Building!" Louis yelled, running to the door. "It was lovely meeting you, Bruce!" he yelled before running to the car. The boys all followed speedily behind as I ran to Bruce and gave him a hug. "I'll message you." I told him before running to the door. I gave my mom one last look, only hurt left in her green eyes. I whispered, "I'm sorry." before running after the boys into the rental car.

---

COMMENT and VOTE