8. Adorable

Jacklynn's POV

I sighed as I walked out of the bathroom, still wrapping my leg up. It was 20 minutes past three am now, and I was ready to sleep. I turned off the TV, followed by the light. My nightstand light was still on, illuminating the room enough for me not to trip on anything.

I picked up my phone from my pillow, unlocking it and turning on 8 Tracks. It was on my Ed Sheeran playlist, the first song coming on was Kiss Me.

I plugged my phone into the dock before crawling into bed, pulling the comforter to my chin and turning to my window. The view of the city was incredible, and I loved it. On the windowsill I realised there was a little stuffed animal sitting against the window, making me jump up. I quickly grabbed the little penguin, smiling like a fool as I gave it a squeeze before going back into my bed, falling onto my back with a smile on my face. I fell asleep to the chords of Ed Sheeran's 'The City', Smalls hugged to my chest and a present smile on my face.

Less than 4 hours later I was woken up with a loud knocking on the door, making me groan. The sun was shining brightly into my eyes through my window that I stupidly forgot to shut last night before falling asleep. I set the stuffed penguin onto the other pillow before I covered my eyes, sitting up in bed. "One minute!" I groaned again, throwing my legs over the side of my bed. I hissed as what I thought felt a thousand needles stab into my thighs, bringing me to realise, for one that I didn't have any pants on, and two that my cuts hadn't healed yet and if they did, they obviously just opened up again. "Shit." I said rather loudly as my voice echoed around the room, but I could care less. I really regretted doing deep cuts last night, but then again my mind was fuzzy and I couldn't remember much from that hour in my bathroom, only the adrenaline and release I felt from the blade.

I quickly, but carefully, made my way to my suitcase, grabbing some of my brothers sweats from the bottom and throwing them on top of my wrapped legs. The knocks came again, and I remembered that I had somebody waiting outside my door. "Coming!"

When I opened the door, I was happy to find a blonde boy smiling back at me. "Hi, Luke." I smiled, leaning on the door. I took in his appearance and smiled a little more. His skinny jeans were ripped at the knee, a dark blue shirt hugging his torso and a matching beanie on his head, blonde hair poking out. I loved his Vans, completely black but obviously dusty and worn out.

"Hey, Jacklynn." Luke said happily. "I was wondering if you wanted anything for breakfast? The guys were thinking about taking a trip to Target and getting some food or something." he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "Oh, I couldn't ask for anything. I-" I began to say, not wanting to add onto their load. "It's nothing." he chuckled, cutting me off. "Are you sure? I don't want you guys to pay for me, I could pay you back..?" I said, making it sound like a question. "No, really it is nothing, Jackie." he said, my heart doing a flip at 'Jackie.' 

"I'm sorry. I don't need anything, thank you though." I tried not to facepalm myself. Why was I being so annoying? I was talking too much and rambling. "Are you sure?" he asked again, leaning towards me a little. "It really isn't a problem if you want something." he told me, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

He is so adorable.

"Really, I'm fine. I don't want anything." I assured him, playing with the door handle to my door. "Fine." he sighed, pulling his beanie over his ears as it was beginning to fall off. "The other guys left early to some interview show this morning and Niall told me to say good morning, so good morning!" he smiled, throwing his arms up. I laughed, finding Luke completely and utterly adorable. I could tell he was still sleepy as he probably got the same amount of sleep as me, but he looked cute and cuddly while I probably looked like a zombie. "He also told me that you have to come to our rehearsals until he gets back, unless of course you want to stay." Luke laughed nervously. "Okay." I giggled lightly, finding myself admiring Luke as he kept speaking. He was definitely not hard to look at, let me tell you.

"Yeah, so um we are going to have to leave in a little over an hour so, get ready and do whatever girls do before we get back." he said, laughing at himself. "Alright." I giggled again before we heard a yell from down the hall.

"You ready, Luke?" Michael asked loudly, making me lean past the door frame to see him. "Yeah." Luke told him, scratching the back of his neck again. "Hi, Michael!" I yelled down the hallway. "Hi, Jacklynn!" Michael yelled back, waving to me. I gave a small wave back before standing up straight and looking at Luke as he had a huge grin on his face. "So, see you in thirty minutes?" he asked. "In thirty minutes." I smiled. He leaned down and gave me a hug and I hugged him back, my stomach doing cartwheels. We let go after he gave me a tight squeeze, smiling at me as he backed up. "See ya." he told me. "See ya."

-

Luke's POV

I swear, Jacklynn is probably the cutest human being I have ever met. She looked so sleepy and cuddly with her hair up messily in a bun, too-big sweats on a black tank top.

I'm pretty sure I was close to a heart attack when she hugged me back, and the fact that I was so nervous made it worse. She was beautiful and just perfect looking while I probably looked like I got hit by a bus. God, I wanted to hug her forever and cuddle her to death the second she opened the door.

I thought about Jacklynn the entire time to and back from the store, unable to get her blue eyes out of my head. Half way back to the hotel though, the guys started asking me questions.

"Why have you been so quiet lately, Luke?" Ashton asked. He always could tell when something was up. "Noth-" I began but was quickly cut off by an annoying Michael. "I bet he was thinking of Niall's sister." I glared at him, wanting to pounce on him and beat him to death on the spot. "No I-" I was cut off once again. "Oh yeah! You didn't shut up about her for like an hour last night!" Calum said, laughing at me. I punched his arm, rolling my eyes. "Little Lukey has a crush on Jacklynn! That is so cute!" Ashton squealed like the 13 year old girl he was. "Luke is growing up awe." He said, giggling and pinching my cheek. I quickly slapped his hand away, groaning. "I don't have a crush on Jackie!" I yelled in frustration, rolling my eyes again. "Whatever you say, little one." Ashton giggled again. "But that hug at her door lasted a little longer than I would would say completely platonic friends would hug." Michael said before parking the car, making me groan.

"I hate this band."

-

THANK YOU FOR 3.3K LIKE HOLY SHIT

instagramlukeispretty

(self promotion woo)

VOTE and COMMENT