Chapter 13 - Hannah, Freda, and Kim

Michael was sure that Olivia was ignoring him, well, he was happy that she was. But there was Hannah, and then there were Freda and Kim.

"What did you do?" Michael sighed as the two invaded his personal space and personal time, where he tried to eat and study at the same time.

A novelty sight for the whole cafeteria actually since they had never seen Andrea study.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're going to act all innocent now, huh?" Michael rolled his eyes as Hannah took away the spoon he was eating with. Feeling annoyed by the girls' unwanted interrogation, he shook his head. "No, I just don't know what you're talking about."

Hannah frowned as she pointed over to their lunch table.

Michael looked at where she was pointing and frowned when he saw nothing there. "There's nothing there."

"Exactly." Freda spoke up a little too loudly as Michael jumped a little.

"Olivia should be there but she isn't. Where is she?" Michael shrugged with a look of confusion. "How the hell should I know?"

Kim and Freda rolled their eyes at the cluelessness they were witnessing.

"She wasn't even in any of her earlier classes either. Now, there's only you that affects her so much, so tell us where she is now."

But Michael didn't know as he shook his head. "I swear, I don't know where she is."

Hannah, Freda and Kim frowned before they glanced at each other. "If you don't know where she is, then who does."

Michael rolled his eyes as he tried to take back the spoon Hannah had taken away from him, but before he could take back the spoon, he felt Hannah accidently push the bowl towards him.

And a few seconds later, Michael found himself covered with pasta.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Hannah was genuinely sorry as she saw Andrea stand up from the table and frown down at the stained shirt.

Michael didn't know if he should scream at the three girls or just throw some pasta at them too, so he just ignored them and took his bag to go to the bathroom.

And since Michael still thought of himself as a man, he walked inside the wrong bathroom.

"Oh my god." He muttered as he remembered how the two guys peeing at the urinals looked at him with widened eyes, before he went inside the correct bathroom.

He sighed to himself as he went over to the sinks to probably wash the stains with some water. He had to keep wearing the shirt for two more classes so he could at least not look so obvious.

Turning on the tap of water, he sprinkled some water on his shirt before rubbing the stains, but that was interrupted when his attention was drawn towards the sound of crying.

"Hello?"

The crying didn't subside as he turned to investigate which stall had the crying girl in it.

As much as Michael knew, he was an ace at comforting crying females. He had two daughters, so probably that had given him the experience.

"Hello?" He called out again as he found the stall where the girl was. "Do you want to talk about it?"

There were a few sniffs before he found the stall door opening. What he did not expect was to see Olivia.

Her eyes were red and puffy as she sniffed before wiping her tears with toilet paper. "Olivia?"

There was a second of recognition before Olivia glared at the girl in front of her. "Are you happy now?"

"What?" Michael didn't know what was happening as Olivia pushed him by the shoulders aggressively.

"This fragile body." Michael groaned to himself as he felt his shoulders ache. Olivia was sure strong enough to beat him up if she wanted to.

"Are you happy now that I'm like this?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Michael spoke up helplessly as he tried to stay away from the girl that was trying very hard to get in his face.

"Of course, you don't. You never did, and you know why I dumped you?" Michael's eyes softened as he looked at the girl in front of him, not really wanting to listen to her talk trash about her daughter, but also wanting to know the reason.

"Because you're fucking clueless about everything! You think only of yourself! I told you that I couldn't come out to my parents but you made me! Do you have any idea how they still look at me?!" Michael stepped forward to try to touch the girl, but Olivia just stepped backwards.

"And then you say you've moved on!"

Michael did remember telling her that as he tried to shake his head.

"Well, I've moved on too, and you know who I moved on with?" Michael watched as a sick smirk came over Olivia's face, as she stepped a little closer to the girl in front of her.

And in a hushed voice, she whispered, "Your father."

Michael didn't know what had taken over him as he slapped the girl, and then felt the guilt wash over him almost immediately as Olivia gasped before falling to the floor.

She cried as Michael looked around almost helplessly, trying to figure out what to do. "I—I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Olivia shook her head as Michael sat on his knees in front of her with a concerned look on his face. "It's what I deserve after what I tried to do."

Michael wished that what he had heard was wrong but he heard it all so clearly. He just hoped it wasn't true.

"Did you r-really do what you said you did?" Olivia raised her head to look at the girl in front of her before she just threw her arms around Andrea's body and cried in her chest.

Michael could only caress the girl's hair as his heart felt sick. He was sure Andrea wouldn't have done anything, but what he wasn't so sure of was what Olivia might have done.

Michael's attention went over to the bathroom door when he saw that Hannah and the two other girls had casually walked in. "Uh, a little help please." Michael called out to them instantly, and they were immediately there for Olivia.

"Oh my god, Olivia, what happened?"

"Why are you crying?"

"Did this bitch try to rape you?" Michael rolled his eyes as he stood up, while the three took his place.

"No, she was already crying, I just tried to comfort her. But I think I did a bad job at that." Hannah glared at the girl before her. "You think, she's practically drowning in her tears right now."

"Whatever." Michael mumbled as he quickly grabbed his bag from the sinks. "I have to go."

"Where are you even going, come take responsibility for this!" Hannah could only call after the girl, as Michael ran out of there with only one place in mind.

And also, a doubt as he kept repeating what Olivia had whispered to him.

Surely, it wasn't true. 

*****************************