Chapter one, Introduction❤❤

Sabrina is the highlight of my life. Whenever I see her, I feel all of my bad thoughts flow out of my ears like a liquidated brain. Today was her birthday, September Nineteenth. This morning I texted her and wished her a happy birthday, then we established I'd pay for her birthday dinner with me tonight. I let her decide wherever she wanted, and pick up her at 5:30 tonight. I walked up to the door, and as soon as I lifted my hand to ring the doorbell, her mom opened the door, knowing I was here before she even got to the door.

"Sabrina, your girlfriend's here, you better be ready." Mrs. Lanna called for her. I smiled as she walked down the stairs. She wore a short, deep, Blood red dress with black heeled wedges, and she had big curls in her beautiful long brunette hair. She had on lipstick same color as her dress, and long smooth mascara. She looked stunning as usual. I couldn't help but get slightly teary. I my outfit matches hers, unplanned totally. I wore a dress about the same as hers, just black, fishnet stockings, and  black, lace-up booties, and I wore a lighter shade of red lipstick, and grey eyeshadow. She waved to her parents as she walked out the door with me. I confirmed with her where we were going, and headed there.

"Hey, can I turn on the radio, it's got a weird silence here. You're usually never this quiet, what's up bae? Dad problems? Anything I can help with, doesn't matter what way, just tell me and I'll do it." Sabrina asked

"Nothing, I just got to thinking a bit earlier and I,.... I just can't help myself from thinking about that.... Just don't worry about it baby, today is your day, and I'll be happy if you want me to." I replied carefully trying not to say much. Earlier I was doing my school project and did some digging on my past. Turns out in from a seriously rich family and the people I call my parents now kidnapped me, why, I don't even know, but I also found out that my real mom only had one child, Astarlae, me. And the families were fueding forever and they decided to take the first born child. It's not the fact that I grew up poor, it's the fact they never told me about any of this ever.  That's why I'm extremely pissed off right now

"Okay, I won't push anymore, love you, Astarlae, very single quality that comes with you.... Hey, are we almost there, I might've forgotten how far this is. Sorry, I'll pay for gas if need be." Sabrina apologized profusely. I smiled, letting her know it's alright. She pulled out her wallet and tried to hand me $35, but I pushed it back her way.

"Don't worry about it, my dad said he'd pay for my gas until I move out at 18. I don't pay for anything except my clothes, part of the water bill, and my phone bill. Don't give me your cash, because I won't take it." I replied finely.

*********<3*********

We arrived at dinner and turns out there's only a 30 minute wait. Better than normal times, like almost two hours. I smiled at her once we got our buzzer. I took her hand and stepped outside. We sat down peacefully on the empty bench by the doors. I broke the silence after about a minute or so.

"Hey, I haven't talked to Jackson  in a while, have you heard anything from the rehab center?" I asked, slightly quiet. I

" Nope, they told me when he got in that they wouldn't call unless it was something important very often. Last I heard was he was close to being clean. But I don't know. " Sabrina replied

Jackson  was on drugs and alcohol for a while, so about six months ago we had him sent to a rehab center in Tallahassee. One of the best in the state. He was the third person if out trio,  but that was before Sabrina and I got 'together ' so.... 

The buzzer went off. I stood up, extended my hand for hers, took it, and lead her through the large oak double doors.