Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

(a year ago this month)

“Hey hey my my...what have we here?”

Allisa squeezed Will's hand and sent a quick look to Jane.  There was barely a moon on this night, but the lights on the club and in the parking area were enough to see the hardened features of the two men loitering outside the building.  “Keep walking Will, Just keep walking.”

“You boy, are with some fine ladies.”

“Will, I mean it do not do anything.”  Allisa sent a warned whisper to Will, and reached her other hand to Jane's as they walked. 

Tonight she had finally been able to squeeze in a few hours between classes and work, to hang out, dance, talk, laugh with her best friends.  One of which she wanted desperately to seduce into being more than a friend.  She glanced at Will's profile, enjoying the heat of his hand entwined with hers, even if it had begun in a fun arm wrestle as they walked.  She had seen the way he had looked at her before leaving the house, when he first saw her shirt and short skirt ensemble.  High hopes are what she had for the outcome of this night.  

“Ollie, which one is to your liking?”

“Miss Mysterious, dark and mysterious.”

“What's your name Miss Mysterious?”

“When hell freezes over!”  Jane yelled.  “How do you like that name!”

Allisa glared, having realized through the months of knowing them that the Gillis siblings were both provoked easily.  The only difference between them was that Jane could get control of her temper once provoked and Will just flew off.

“Fiesty!  What about you honey, are you as fiesty as your friend?”  Their tormenters looked to both be in their twenties, but Allisa would bet her last dollar that they were much much older.  “Come on we  will show you a good time, doesn't look like your man cares--”

A few more steps and they would be past the pair.  The other one decided to speak as they grew closer.  “You two are too much for him anyway.”

“Yeah, I think he should share Ollie.”

“Will keep walking we are practically in the door--”  Allisa encouraged, and wondered what was taking Ashton so long.  They had left him on the phone in the car.

“Aw where you going sweetheart, Miss Mystery hold up!  Oh see I knew they were too much for you boy,  Miss Mystery who is this?”

“What the hell is going on here?”  Ashton demanded, curving a protective arm around Jane.

“Ashton thank God, lets get inside before Will goes off.”  Jane breathed putting her arm around his waist.”

“I think they are leeches.”  Allisa turned her head enough to whisper to Will.

“Leeches?  Ollie the quiet one just called us leeches.”

“Well we are, comeon party with us Whisper.”  Presumably Ollie spoke, and his head to toe look made Allisa shiver.  “Whisper, that is a pretty dress you are wearing.  You know it would look prettier around your ankles--”

“That's it fucker, you are going down--”  Will pulled against her tightened grip, breaking away.

“No YOU are going down.”  Was the retort, and Allisa watched aghast as a struggled ensued and Will ended up at her feet along with the clink of something metal.  “A silver stake?  Really?  Have to hit the heart boy--”