CHAPTER 10

"I think they are leeches"

"Leeches?  Ollie the quiet one just called us leeches"

CHAPTER 10

Stubbornly Allisa, turned away from the intruder, and gave her aggravated boyfriend a warning look.  “It’s charging, in my room.”      

      Gabrielle, Hector, Caleb and only a few other vampires in this town understood  the physics of opening a grate or a portal enough to actually successfully do it.  Gabrielle was the only one out of those few that ever used it continuously  to show up unannounced.

       “You should be at the lab."  Gabrielle reproved without relenting.  "Sayer said you didn’t come in yesterday either.

      Sayer was also a microbiologist, as well as an MD.  Allisa had been working as his intern for a few years, and for the last year as his lab partner.  Together they studied the vampire genetic code and strove for breakthroughs that would help the race, as well as worked on a cure for a terminal viral disease that had begun to affect the race.

     “I’ve been sick.”

     “Sick?  Allisa I don’t like having to come all the way here to remind you of your duties.”

     Allisa could almost see Gabrielle’s sanctimonious stare, and when Will began to angrily speak, Allisa put a finger to his lips giving him a pleading look.  Yelling at the head vampire–any vampire–never turned out good.  Allisa also refrained from reminding Gabrielle that she was always just a portal away from her apprentice. 

    “Whatever you want to call it,” Allisa finally answered calmly, still belligerently giving the other being only her back.  “Your vampire voodoo had me comatose until this time yesterday.  Do you mind if I meet you in an hour, once I have gotten up and dressed?”

    “By all means little Allisa.  The garlic in here is making me ill anyway.  I shall see you in an hour than, no later.”

    “Sure.  An hour.”  Wisely Allisa bit off the words “or so,” as she stared down into Will's sexy eyes.”  Gabrielle’s rigid posture was a tangible thing, even before Allisa slid off the bed to face her. Cordially Allisa held a hand to the closet door behind the vampire and smiled politely, “Allow me.” 

    Concentrating in a manner that had become second nature to her over the past year, Allisa imagined Gabrielle’s office on the other side of the door. When she mannerly swung open the door, the vampire stepped through, in the same manner in which she had apparently arrived.

    No sooner had Gabrielle departed then Will sputtered angrily at the same time Allisa asked incredulously.    

     "There is garlic in here?"  

     “That is BS!  She can’t just come in like that!”

    Since her own question was moot, Allisa assessed her hot headed man with a grin, “Well she did.”

    “Babe, in the buff here in case you didn’t notice.  She cant just walk in like that, does she do that to you?!”

    Two steps took her back to the bed, and this time she slipped beneath the sheet that covered him.  

    “All the time,” Allisa murmured in answer against his lips.  “But not so much if I take her calls–my bad.”  His eyes had lost their angry glimmer and gained a wanton spark as she shifted her weight some.  “Awkward though, no doubt.  There must be some way I can make it up to you.”