CHAPTER 9

"What the hell is going on here?"

"Ashton what took you so long, lets get inside before Will goes off"

CHAPTER 9

“Allisa!” Jane’s voice this time.  “Comon Cat, Will is flipping the fuck out.  His words of course.”

          Something on her lips, a straw?  A coke would be heavenly.  Pursing her lips she pulled some of the drink into her mouth.  “That’s it, Ally Cat”, Jane praised.  Allisa drank greedily and struggled with the effort to open her eyes.  Her friends face was blurred at first.  When it cleared, Allisa saw that Jane was completely made up, and her hair was in a side ponytail.  “Alli sit up–Will!”  Jane called as she tugged at Allisa’s shoulders.  “Help me get her up.”  Jane directed when Will came into view.

          “Babe!”  There was no mistaking the light of relief in his eyes as he bent to assist Jane.

          “Stop, I got it..”  Allisa croaked and pushed up on a bent elbow.  Blinking heavily she pushed again until she was jack knifed, and faced her friends.  “What does a person have to do to get some sleep around here...”  She quipped with a tired smile. 

          “Hey, I’ve got to get to work, I will see you later Alli Cat.” Jane promised as she made her exit.  Not knowing if it were day or night, Allisa vaguely wondered which of Jane's two part time jobs, she was off to.  The Smoothie Shoppe or The  Viper Club.

          In Will's room it was hard to tell if it was day or night, but when she turned over and saw black through the slits of his blinds, he enlightened her.  “You’ve been asleep for almost 24 hours,” Will stroked her hair.

          “Well,” Not ready to admit how she had tried to wake up, and all she had overheard, Allisa defended her lengthy unconscious state, “I crammed for exams, then worked on that speech, then we went away, maybe I was exhausted?”

          “You and Jane both passed out cold just before the 45 exit last night.”  Will stated.  “Besides I couldn’t even shake you awake.”

          She had known that it would happen, still it was disturbing to her to have actually experienced the memory wipe. 

          When anyone left the town, anything concerning vampires was conveniently forgotten until they returned.  Allisa understood a lot of the workings, but the towns magnetic force field on the memory of the brain in one way, but not another, had continued to be a mystery to her.  It wasn't infallible either.  Will had discovered that it did not work on him, when he had taken the offshore job, but still even with vampires to deal with, he had come back for her.

          Vaguely she remembered puking on the plane and knew it had to be some sort of reaction, as well as the sleep Will was now speaking of. 

         “Maybe I didn’t want to be shaken awake,” The words were purposely seductive as she twined an arm around his neck and pressed her lips to his shirt sleeve. 

         Her imagination ran wild with the ways she would’ve wanted to be waked up by him.  The coke had refreshed her some, but she seriously wanted her toothbrush, so she kept her face down against him waiting for a responding teasing innuendo. Quietly, his fingers continued playing in her hair. 

         “You sure about that?”  His addiction to vintage AC/DC songs, among them the particularly rowdy Shake Me was to what he alluded with his answer and she smiled against his shirt.