THIRTY-FOUR

"Honestly, I should have assumed that you bugged the entire ship,"

"Truly, I thought you would've caught on,"

Lottie only shook her head, typing in the notes that Dr. Banner had slid over to her onto the computer screen before her. The three still stood in the lab, tracking the cube and figuring out the science behind the scepter that Loki had, all while Jarvis did his best to decode and hack into the SHIELD system.

"Pardon me for asking, but I just have to," both Tony and Lottie looked to Bruce, who took off his glasses and gave the woman a sheepish smile. "Both you and Steve...you seem to be adjusting so well. I don't mean to the world, I understand with your power that you can, but I mean to having one another back."

"Truthfully, I just don't think we've had the time to sit down and think about it," Lottie confessed, looking between both Bruce and Tony. "We had date, and then we both went in the ice. When all this blows over, when we figure this out whole mess, then maybe we'll get to sit down and talk about it all. Maybe I'll finally get the chance to tell him I love him."

"Or you two can just jump one another's bones right now since you've waited over seventy years already,"

Tony only shrugged at the looks he got from both Lottie and Bruce. He downed the rest of his bag of blueberries as Lottie sighed at him.

"Tony-"

"Look, I'm just saying that you and capsicle are, like, the leaders of the 'Waiting Too Long' club and you just need to have some good old fashioned fun,"

"Oh yeah, because it totally didn't take you years to make a move on Pepper," Tony raised an eyebrow at Lottie who only smirked. "Yeah, I went there."

"I see that, maybe you are spending too much time with me,"

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

The three in the room looked up at Director Fury as he entered, all while he did his best to avoid Lottie's eyes. Tony and Bruce shared a look, and Lottie realized that Fury had located Jarvis in the system.

"Uh- kind of been wondering the same thing about you,"

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury reminded the group before him.

"We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile,"

"And we'll consider handing it over once you explain Phase Two to us," Tony commented, flipping around the screen in front of him to show Fury the words Phase Two in big letters.

There was a bang on the other side of the room as they all looked over, seeing Steve enter the room and slam a weapon down on the table. Lottie's eyes widen as she looked at the weapon on the table: it looked almost identical to a HYDRA weapon.