THIRTY-NINE

Steve Rogers arm laid around Lottie's shoulders, holding her into his side

Steve Rogers arm laid around Lottie's shoulders, holding her into his side. The pair stood together, alongside their team in Central Park, as they watched Thor prepare to head back to Asgard with Loki in chains.

The cube sat within the glass container that Tony had designed for safe travel back to Asgard. Thor took one last look around at the team, sharing smiles with them as he twisted his end of the container. Loki reluctantly grabbed onto the other end, twisting it as well.

The familiar blue of the cube surrounded the two of them as they were pulled back to Asgard, leaving the space before the remains of the team empty.

"I'm expecting a goodbye hug,"

"The plan was to give you one," Lottie and Natasha smiled at one another, embracing together as Clint climbed into the car to get it started. "Take care of Rogers."

"I've been taking care of him since we were kids, I got this," Natasha couldn't help but laugh at her comment. "Besides, I'm sure we'll see you soon. Pierce left a message with Fury, something about relocating us?"

"He told me, nothing is set in stone yet,"

"What is set in stone is the fact that I promised to be somewhere by dinner!" Lottie and Natasha rolled their eyes as they turned to look at Clint, who was leaning out of the driver's side of the car with his glasses hanging low.

"Yeah yeah, I'll miss you too, Clint," Lottie and the man shared a smile as Dr. Banner approached the car, a warm smile on his lips.

Natasha quickly opened the back door of the car, grabbing onto Bruce's bag and passing it off to him. Clint and Natasha said their final goodbyes for now, leaving Bruce and Lottie to walk back to the last two remaining members of the team in the park.

"It was an honor to get to work with you, Bruce," Lottie told the man, sending him a kinda smile as they walked slowly across the bridge. "You really are a genius."

"The pleasure was all mine, Lottie," Bruce countered back with a grin. "But if anything, you're the genius here. I have 7 P.H.Ds and you outweigh my IQ level without a single one of them."

"What I lack is experience, Bruce,"

"Come back by the tower some time and we'll put that big brain to work,"

"I plan on it,"

Lottie and Bruce approached Steve and Tony, who were stood beside one of Tony's many sports cars shaking hands. Lottie's eyebrows raised at the action, coming to spot in front of them.

"Okay, did we actually lose? Did the world end? Or were you two shaking hands?"

"Alright, time away from me is definitely a good thing," Tony laughed, tugging Lottie into a hug that she happily reciprocated, allowing time for Steve and Bruce to say goodbye. "You know, you're more than welcome to come back to Stark Tower with me. Won't be the same without you."

"I know, how will you cope without me bugging you in the lab?" Lottie and Tony pulled back from one another, little grins on their lips. "I gotta go with Steve, Tony. You know that. I'm just a phone call away."

Tony thought for a second, before a smirk lit up his face.

"I bet you call me first,"

"Nope, you're definitely going to call me first,"

"Oh, it's on,"

"Alright, time to go before you two make so many bets you can't keep track," Bruce stepped in, shaking his head at the pair before climbing into the passenger seat of Tony's car.

Steve's arm wound it's way around Lottie's shoulders once again as they watched Tony and Bruce drive away, beeping the horn at them for good measure. The pair trudged their way to Steve's motorcycle across the way, smiles on their lips.

"You could've gone with Tony, you know," Steve told her, leaning against the motorcycle as Lottie stood in front of him. "I heard you've grown pretty fond of that tower."

"I grew fond of the people, not the tower. It's not home," Lottie gave a shrug of her shoulders, her fingers lightly grazing over Steve's. "Home is wherever you are, always has been."

Steve's hand gripped onto Lottie's, tugging her into his chest. She fell against it with a laugh grinning up at the man in front of her.

"You're my home, too,"

Lottie's hand made it's way upward, gently moving over the side of Steve's face as she held it in her own, her smile dropping lightly.

"Steve, I'm not the same girl I used to be, I know you see that. I'm not Charlotte Watson from 1945, I'm-"

"You're Lottie, and that's the only thing that matters," Steve cut her off, her smile coming back full force. "No matter what century it is, no matter what we do or where we are, no matter how much smarter you get or techy you are, you're still you."

Burying her head in his chest, Lottie took the opportunity to listen to Steve's heartbeat, to finally take a moment to herself and soak in the reality that Steve was here, that he was alive. And as Steve placed his head on top of her's, he thought the same.

"You know, there was something I didn't get to tell you before I went in the ice,"

"Hm, what's that?"

Steve's hands came to cup Lottie's face, bringing them eye to eye. He rested his forehead against her's closing his eyes briefly before opening them, letting Lottie see those gorgeous blue eyes.

"I love you, Charlotte Watson. Always have,"

"I love you too, Steve Rogers. Always did, always will,"

The pair didn't waste a moment, letting their lips connect. This was the moment that they had waited for since their first time in 1945, the moment to truly solidify that they had always loved one another. They were partners: in the schoolyard, on the battlefield, and in their hearts.

With a smile, Steve pulled back as Lottie chased his lips, not wanting the moment to fade. Steve could only smile down at the woman he loved more than anything. This moment didn't need to last forever, they had all the time in the world.

Steve climbed onto his motorcycle, revving the engine as he held a hand out for Lottie. She accepted it, climbing on behind him. Her arms encircled his waist, her head resting on his back as Steve quickly sped off down the road.

Where they'd go was unknown. Neither of them knew what was next. They'd be waiting, though, waiting for the world to call upon them again. And they'd be there, every single time.

◼ ◼ ◼

I think Tony has a betting problem, all he seems to want to do is make bets with Lottie 24/7

But omg guys, this is the end of PART TWO! Up next, PART THREE!!!!!