FIFTY-EIGHT

{the amazing phoenixheartsss once again!}

Tony Stark couldn't resist throwing parties. He was known for them, of course. So what better way to celebrate finding the scepter once again then to throw a gigantic party in Avengers Tower for the team and all of their friends three days after retrieving the scepter? 

To Steve Rogers, anything would've been better.

After rolling up the sleeves of his denim blue button up, Steve bent down to tie the laces of his shoes as he called out for his lovely girlfriend.

"Lottie! We gotta get downstairs, think we're already late,"

The super soldier looked up to the bedroom hallway at the familiar click of heels, his breath catching in his throat at the sight of the woman before him. As he looked upon her, his mind was instantly transported back to one of the nights so long ago where he knew he was completely and utterly hers forever, even if she didn't want him.

Bucky and Steve turned to the doorway between the two rooms of the bar, rising from the seats with wide eyes.

Lottie stood in the doorway, a small smile painted on her red lips as she looked at her best friends. Hair curled to perfection, lying over her shoulder. She took off her shall, letting the world get a better look at the gorgeous red dress that outlined every curve of her body to perfection.

Perfection was the only word that Steve could think of to describe Charlotte Watson.

Perfection was still the only word that could truly describe her, especially as she stood in the hallway wearing that same gorgeous, red dress from so long ago.

"I had a feeling you would like this," Lottie chuckled, gazing lovingly at the man before her as she did a small spin, her curled hair bouncing as she waltzed toward him. "Small gift from Natasha, had it custom made."

"How'd she know about this?"

"I couldn't not tell my best friend about the night that I knew my heart would forever belong to Steven Grant Rogers,"

A fond smile graced Steve's lips as he wound and arm around Lottie's waist, hand gripping the fabric of the red dress as he pulled her into him, settling his lips on her red ones in a kiss.

"Bucky beat me up for not dancing with you that night,"

"I don't blame him, I wanted to beat you up for not dancing with me," Steve let out a laugh as Lottie pulled away, her hands finding his as she tugged him toward the elevator. "We've got all the time in the world to dance. Right now, though, we need to go party."

The elevator doors dinged open moments later, Steve Rogers and Charlotte Watson walking out into the crowded room. Tony turned at the sound of the elevator, throwing his hands out with a grin.