Chapter 37 - The Hero in the Moment

"Is everyone all right?" Kiria stood tall, looking out at the empty stands of the stadium. A few survivors slowly got to their feet, a grateful mumble coming back from them.

"Perfect!" Meloetta beamed, floating beside her. "Your voice is just as beautiful as I had hoped – you haven't lost your touch in all these years!"

"Pretty sure your harmony had a lot to do with it." Kiria laughed.

"I simply joined my voice to yours." Meloetta giggled.

"We make a pretty good team, huh?"

"We do!"

Kiria and the Melody Pokemon high-fived each other.

"That was incredible..." I said as Paolo came over to make sure I was ok.

"It really was." The Italian agreed.

"Hey!"

Up above, towards the exit Azelf had been guarding earlier, dozens of people poured in, all dressed in black. Agents sent by Megan as back-up.

"We're all good down here!" Kai waved up at them. She and Kiria went over to the team and talked things over.

"That was some amazing power!" Azelf said to Meloetta.

"I'm lucky that my partner is so strong!" It smiled.

"So, Meloetta, did you awaken to some buried memories like Azelf did?" Paolo asked.

"You too?" The singer looked over to the blue pixie.

"Yes." Azelf nodded. "All of a sudden I knew everything – and I started searching for a human to bond to."

"Hm... It was the same for me. This world must truly be in grave danger for such knowledge to be unlocked from deep within us..."

"I think Arceus is the one who unlocked our memories."

"That sounds like a fair assumption." Meloetta agreed. "Which means this is definitely serious... Well, whatever the case, it's good to be here! I will give my all to protect this world when the time comes." The Pokemon dipped forward into a curtsey.

"Glad to have you!" Azelf smiled.

"Definitely." I nodded.

"Ok, guys!" Kai called over to us. "The team will take care of the survivors. We can head back now." She brought out her Abra.

"Ok!"

"Thank you so much..." The woman we had rescued said, still shaking. Her son was hiding in her arms.

"It's ok. You take care!" Azelf smiled.

"We will. Thank you..."

I held up my hand in farewell before going over to Kai and Kiria.

"All right, Abra, take us home!" Kai said.

Abra floated up before us, and we were engulfed in a bright light.

*

When I opened my eyes, I was standing in the reception back at the HQ, right where we had left from.

"You're back!" Megan grinned. "How did it go?"

"Well..." Kai smirked. "We managed to drive them away eventually. Thanks to a certain someone."

Megan looked over at Kiria, who was standing more confident than ever. She had seemed so uneasy and indecisive when she had chosen to go along, but now, her eyes were shining, as if she had been reincarnated.