Chapter 14

My phone rang out from my pocket. I pulled it out and smiled, seeing Blair's name flashing on the screen.

   "Hey, beautiful." I answered.

   "Hey..."

   My smile quickly faded. "What's wrong?"

   She sighed. "My parents are basically forcing me to do this... but, they invited you to dinner tomorrow."

   I slumped back in my couch. "Oh... ok, um, sure, I'll be there."

   "Thanks, I wanted to wait a little longer, but they're pressuring me."

   "It's ok, we were gonna have to do it eventually anyway."

   She laughed slightly. "True."

   A silence fell over us, causing me to sigh. "Hey, I just wanted to say sorry I've been kinda MIA lately-"

   "No need, I understand. There's a lot going on in your life right now."

   I lowered my head. "Yeah... but, you're a big part of my life to and I should be able to make time for you."

   "Hey, don't beat yourself up. You have to save some of that energy for meeting my parents tomorrow."

   I smiled slightly. "Are they really that bad?"

   She chuckled. "No, they're really sweet and there's no way they won't like you once they meet you."

   My smile grew a little wider. "Thanks..."

   "Anytime... but, I should probably get to bed."

   I glanced at the time on my phone. "Same, I'll see you tomorrow though."

   "Ok, see you then."

   "Bye..."

   I sighed eternally. 'I love you.'

   I hung up the phone and set it on the table.

   'C'mon, Jane, why can't you just say it? You said it to Josh a million times... so why is Blair different? Oh, I don't know, maybe because you actually love her!'

   With one last sigh, I headed to bed, my mind racing with what tomorrow would hold...

   I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. "Pull it together Jane, it's just her parents. What's the worst that could happen?"

   I sucked in a tight breath before heading out to my car.

After a short drive, I pulled in front of Blair's house and shut the car off.

I took in a deep breath before stepping out and walking up to her front door. I put on my best smile before knocking.

The door opened, Blair's smiling face greeting me. "Hey." She said before pulling me into a quick kiss.

"Hi. You ready to do this?"

She nodded before taking my hand and leading me inside.

"Hey, guys, Janes here." Blair called out.

Blair's parents stepped out of the kitchen, big smiles on their faces.

They started to fade a little though when their eyes landed on me.

I gave them a small wave. "Hi, I'm Jane. It's great to finally meet you."

The blonde walked up first. "Likewise, I'm Marry and this is my wife, Vanessa."