Chapter 9

It's been a couple weeks since mine and Janes first date. We've been on a couple more since then and our relationship was better then ever. Emma started to accept the whole thing and actually hung out with us a few times.

Jane officially started her job last week and judging by her first paycheck, she could move out in no time. Then, I could officially call her my girlfriend.

Jane pulled in front of Emma's house and I stepped out. "Text me later?" I asked.

She nodded and rolled her window down a little lower so I could give her a goodbye kiss.

I smiled as I leaned in and locked my lips with hers.

In the short amount of time we've known each other, we've kissed a lot and I mean a lot. But, I still haven't fully gotten used to the way it made me feel. It was almost like my whole body was going to explode, but I'd happily let it happen.

I pulled away, the smile on my face growing wider.

She returned it. "See you later."

I was still breathless from our kiss, so I just nodded and waved as she took off down the street.

'I love you.' I thought as her car turned the corner.

With a happy sigh, I walked up to Emma's door and knocked.

She opened it and let me in before leading me to the kitchen table.

"You guys are getting pretty ballsy." She said as she sat down.

I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Kissing out in public, someone might see you."

I shook my head. "No one around here knows us, aside from you."

She put her hands up. "Hey, I'm just looking out for you."

I looked down. "I know, we'll be more careful. I promise."

She nodded. "That's all I ask."

I gave her a small smile.

"So, you wanna grab something to eat?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Sure."

She stood up. "Good, you're paying."

I laughed as I followed her out the door and to her car...

We grabbed a table at our favorite diner and soon enough, Lindsay walked up.

She wore a small smile. "Hey, Blair... Emma. What can I get you guys?"

'Why do you have to look at me like that?'

"Just some fries." Emma replied.

She smiled and nodded before turning and walking off, sneaking a quick glance at me before walking into the back.

I lowered my head.

"She still likes you." Emma said.

I sighed. "Don't remind me."

Honestly, Lindsay was great and under different circumstances, I would date her in a heartbeat. 'But, she's not Jane.'

Lindsay eventually returned with our order.

"Hey, some friends and I are going bowling tonight. You guys should totally come." She said.

Emma and I took a quick glance at each other.

"Uh... sure... that sounds fun." Emma replied.

I shot her a glare.

Lindsay smiled. "Great, meet us there at eight." She said before walking off.